Installing flood lights (ditch lights) on my Kubota bx

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA
Hey guys I got some harbor freight led lights made by “Roadshock” I was actually very impressed with these.. I got each light for 19$ and bought the harness kit with them did an additional $19 on sale..

I highly recommend these to anybody needing more light on their tractors

Check out my review/install video and see if it’s something you would use:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OeYenI_0dBE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Placement is bizarre to me. My headlights at night are basically useless if I have a bucket or snow plow on. Unless you raise the FEL way up in the air which happens to be a very dangerous way of driving around.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Placement is bizarre to me. My headlights at night are basically useless if I have a bucket or snow plow on. Unless you raise the FEL way up in the air which happens to be a very dangerous way of driving around.

I thought so, too.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When I asked my dealer why the factory placed the headlights so low on my “Made in Japan” M4700, which only illuminates the back of the bucket and creates glare,

He replied, “That’s as high as they could reach!” :rolleyes:

NoBiffBetter

Oct 30, 2018
Silver Creek, NY. USA

I mounted these lights where I did for 2 main reasons and If you watch my YouTube video you woulda heard why.

Reason 1 was because once your bucket is raised even 1/4 way up for transporting a load or even when dumping a load at night the factory lights get blocked completely .. once this happens I will now have light shining nice and low where I want it so that I can still see what’s in front of me..

Reason 2.. when plowing in the winter time I plan on turning the led lights outward to the sides of my bx which will then give me light to both the left and right sides of my tractor which is nice for plowing at night or dusk in the winter time..

For these 2 reasons alone it is absolutely worth the 30 minutes and $60 I spent to put these on my tractor. I’m very happy with where they are, I plan on getting 2 more for the Rops as well for overhead lighting.. I just haven’t gotten that far yet

PS. This is where I got the idea first from

Paul short came up with this and I just used that idea and purchased my own lights and wired them up. As I mention in my video tho I like that I can pivot mine left and right and adjust them where I want the light given on the situation where Paul shorts lights are just stationary.. his look good tho and I’m not discrediting them, just telling you this is where I got the idea and I’m not the first to do it.

Last edited: