Kubota Grand L 60 series LED work light bulbs?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
For those of you having radio interference issues with the led lights you can try ferrite filters or emi filters to reduce that. Install as close to the light bar power supply as possible.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
It’s not tractors but I did notice a advertising sign in a overhead garage door company today. It advertised a replacement light bulb for garage door openers that would not interfere with the the openers range.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Well guys, 3 hours later I have the H3 HID conversion done on the front work lights of my L4060. I had to rewire things a bit and did have to remove the cab roof in order to access space to locate the ballasts / igniters.

Anyway, the results are spectacular I think. The lights ignite dimly and then quickly ramp up to full brightness. I specifically had the FM radio on. There is a quick burst of static just for a second when the lights start. After that reception is perfect. The lights are dazzlingly bright. The bulbs obviously do fit in the housings but some of the bulb probably doesn’t use the reflector. The lights are too bright to look at.

My only concern is that these bulbs may get too hot for the light housings. I’ll monitor. These HIDs are 35w.

Attachments

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
By way of update, I ran the HID work lights for about an hour last Friday evening. No melting occurred, so I think I can assume these will be OK.

However, the only caveat is that the temps were in the low 40's.

EmersonBeck

May 29, 2022
USA
Sounds interesting; how much did you pay for it. I also bought a new LED light system for my car from https://www.amazon.com/car-lights-car-led-lights/dp/B09L86JRRM , and it works awesome. I paid less than twenty dollars for it, and I can't complain. It allows me to change the colors using a remote control, and to my surprise, it works perfectly even if I bought it about two years ago. If you are interested, find more information on the internet, I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The L4060 is gone and a new MX6000 is in its place, since spring, with a cab. Now the process of upgrading the lights begins again. The MX cab uses the same four work lights as the Grand L 60 series. The headlights on the MX are weaker (35/35 instead of 55/60). I ended up adding a couple of small cube LEDs from Baja Designs mounted on my L4060 to the front parking light mounts, and those worked out well. The parking light design is different on the MX and will be harder to mount to. I don't think I will do the HID lights again, although they were bright.

I am still looking for a very integrated, factory look.