North American version of L35 grey market?

rpoz06

Aug 24, 2019
oklahoma
I have a L35 grey market tractor Ive owned for several years and can't seem to find a water pump, Ive done my due diligence via google for a week with no luck.

I can find some close but nothing is right, it only says L35 and everything else is in Japanese I did find a picture of a L35R that looks somewhat like my tractor but no parts or conversions for it either. Any help appreciated, I really need to use it and can't.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: North American version of L35R grey market?

I have a L35 grey market tractor Ive owned for several years and can't seem to find a water pump, Ive done my due diligence via google for a week with no luck.

I can find some close but nothing is right, it only says L35 and everything else is in Japanese I did find a picture of a L35R that looks somewhat like my tractor but no parts or conversions for it either. Any help appreciated, I really need to use it and can't.
Wow a L35R is one VERY VERY rare unit, never even heard of one.
You might want to reach out to some of the japanese tractor collectors as that would fetch a pretty penny!

Now as far as getting a water pump, Yikes, the motor is a D1900, no other model that I can find has ever used that motor, it predates all the US models by several years, 1967 if I read the info correctly.
The first US legal available Kubota Models were somewhere around 1968 and they were the L200 marketed and cold by McCulloch (think chain saws), they were yellow.

Is your pump rebuildable?
Does it just need bearings and seals?
Send me some pictures (click on my name on the left for contact info) and I might be able to cross it up, And I will also post them on here for you for others to see (you can post your own pictures after 5 posts).

Last edited:

rpoz06

Aug 24, 2019
oklahoma
Well as I said the only marking on it is L35-xxxxxxxx vin number and when I called Kubota they told me it was indeed an old grey market unit.

The tractor is in amazing shape for its age actually and at one point I got some free decals from a friend that obviously don't go to it but I put them on it anyway just to spiff it up some, and they were free! :D

I never did find an ID on the engine other than the CC's but I'm sure it has one somewhere.

I'll send you some pics in a few.

rpoz06

Aug 24, 2019
oklahoma
The system won't let me email, I guess I don't have enough post or time spent here.

I can't tell if the pump is rebuildable or not, it is a cast iron unit so maybe so but I haven't pulled it off yet to check.

As far as it being collectable, I wouldn't know what to do with that, I've had it for years and keep it inside and it has always ran perfect and never let me down except the injector pump went out once which I had rebuilt and then this water pump issue.
That being said I'd sell it but only turn it into another tractor because I use it around my place enough I always want one.

Closest thing I've found picture wise to mine is an L200 or and L35R online, it's a 3 cyl diesel if that helps.

Last edited:

rpoz06

Aug 24, 2019
oklahoma
Ive ordered every pump kit I could find and none of them are even close, there wasn't enough left of the old seals or bearings to get anything usable for a part number except the front bearing. I guess I have a nice looking yard ornament. LOL

rpoz06

Aug 24, 2019
oklahoma
Okay so I was told an L240 or L260 pump is what I need, I still can't seem to locate one but that's something.