B2650 Rear Work Light Switch

Fox400

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534, BH77, RCR1260, RB1660
Jul 25, 2019
"The Thumb", MI
Does anyone know what switch will fit into the factory slot for rear work lights? From what I've read, it sounds like there is a spot on the dash that can be used for a switch.

Also, would anyone have pics of the switch installed where it is located on the dash?

I'm going to start working on getting my lights installed before winter gets here and would like to put them in the factory location.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I used a factory switch in the knockout on the dash of my cabbed B2650. I'll snap a pic and get back to ya.

Right-hand switch under 12v plug socket. If I recall correctly, all the wiring was in place already, just had to slip the connectors over the tabs on the switch and snap the switch into the dash plate.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I just ordered a Kubota OEM rear switch.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
What about for a ROPS machine? Is there a spot for a switch from factory on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox400

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534, BH77, RCR1260, RB1660
Jul 25, 2019
"The Thumb", MI
I used a factory switch in the knockout on the dash of my cabbed B2650. I'll snap a pic and get back to ya.

Right-hand switch under 12v plug socket. If I recall correctly, all the wiring was in place already, just had to slip the connectors over the tabs on the switch and snap the switch into the dash plate.
Do you have a cab model or ROPS? I have ROPS and my 12 volt is not on the dash. I'll look closer tonight and see if there is a place for a switch where yours is.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My dealer had a wide assortment of Kubota switches to choose from which fit my tractor. A bit expensive but was only buying one.

Dave

RTMach1

Equipment
B2650 ROPS,LA534 Loader, 60" MMM, B2019 front hyd blade, LandPride BB1254 box
Dec 4, 2012
Holly, MI
Tap out the blank covers (they use a little glue to secure them at the factory) and these go right in without modification. Just try to keep water out of them.

Search Amazon for this:
NTE Electronics 54-645-A Round Hole Illuminated Rocker Switch, Square Bezel, SPST Circuit, ON-None-Off Action, Nylon Amber LED Actuator, 0.187" Quick Connect Terminals, 20A, 12V

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Last edited:

Kubota_Guy

Equipment
B2650 FEL SSQA, B7100D FEL
Jan 10, 2024
Indianapolis, IN

When you say the wiring was in place already.... I get there may be a plug under there (ordered my switch from Messicks just the other day) - that said, where does the wire "come out" in the chassis to plug in any work lights? (My 2650 doesn't have a cab however.... and realize my be different). TIA!

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
When you say the wiring was in place already.... I get there may be a plug under there (ordered my switch from Messicks just the other day) - that said, where does the wire "come out" in the chassis to plug in any work lights? (My 2650 doesn't have a cab however.... and realize my be different). TIA!
On my ROPS B2650, there was a pair of wires left secured under the right-rear fender, below the turn signal area. This circuit is switched by the headlight switch. If you add lights (120W max for the circuit) and wire them to the leads under the fender, they’ll come on when you hit your headlight switch.

If your lights take more power than that, run a fused lead from the battery back to the fender and secure a relay under there. Use the OEM aux light leads to energize the coil in the relay.

Edit: I may not remember that procedure quite right…. Thinking back, I may have used the tail light to turn the relay on, as that would be hot with the headlight switch. I just remember I had to add a relay and heavier circuit for my lighting. Apologies if I am no remembering correctly! I do know that my headlight switch turns on my lighting.

Reactions: 1 user

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
What Chad said. It's been quite a while, but if I recall the wire ends were tucked up under the top of the cab. I did have to clip off the connectors and use waterproof butt connectors as I couldn't find that style of connector for the LED lights I used.