Is There Such An Implement...

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
That I can use just to help out with Spring/Fall clean up? Something I can use for Pine Needles/Leaves/acorns? Yes I know, buy a nice leaf blower. I already have one. I just love sitting on my tractor while getting stuff done. :)

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
That I can use just to help out with Spring/Fall clean up? Something I can use for Pine Needles/Leaves/acorns? Yes I know, buy a nice leaf blower. I already have one. I just love sitting on my tractor while getting stuff done. :)

Sure there is. You could go with 3 a point leaf vacuum if you’re opposed to blowers. But they have blowers for tractors, too. Or a pine needle/straw rake. https://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-Pine-Straw-Rakes-Pine-Needle-Rakes-s/3425.htm Lots of videos and shopping to be done on that site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
As far as rakes goes, there are 2 types that are not PTO driven.
Landscape/York rake, more aggressive.
Pine straw/Pine needle rake, less aggressive.

Are you worried about tearing up turf?

Acorns will be a little tougher to focus on, with a rake (especially a pine straw rake), unless they get swept up with the leaves, and or needles.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
slick setup I 'saw on TV' was a tarp attached to a bar attached to the front of the mower deck.You cut the leaves and such, the deck shot the stuff onto the tarp.When it's full, simply drive to your compost area, then backup, the tarp drops off the 'stuff'.Obviously not good for 'wooded' areas as the tarp sticks out 6-8 feet but GREAT for big lawns.

jhschlak

Equipment
BX 1880
Apr 5, 2011
Sharon Center, Ohio
I have been researching an implement that could pull up the debri in the lawn such as nuts, twigs, etc. I already own a cyclone rake and it does not get the stuff buried in the lawn.
I would love to know if anyone has any experience with a Steiner sweeper. I think this is the product that would do the job. However the sticker price on this think is $4k!! Pretty much non-existent on the used market. I saw an old ad for one of those gov't auctions that had one for like $750. Whoever bought that got an awesome deal.

Thanks,
Jeff

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Sure there is. You could go with 3 a point leaf vacuum if you***8217;re opposed to blowers. But they have blowers for tractors, too. Or a pine needle/straw rake. https://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-Pine-Straw-Rakes-Pine-Needle-Rakes-s/3425.htm Lots of videos and shopping to be done on that site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He is looking into having one of these delivered to his door for me. Save me the shipping costs.

Last edited:

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Depending on where you are in NH, there might not be any shipping cost.Even if there was, it wouldn't be much. I had mine shipped out to Washington. It came Fedex, for I think less than $75. You are much closer than I am.
Call or email EA, and they will get you a quote, then you can compare with the dealer.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Depending on where you are in NH, there might not be any shipping cost.Even if there was, it wouldn't be much. I had mine shipped out to Washington. It came Fedex, for I think less than $75. You are much closer than I am.
Call or email EA, and they will get you a quote, then you can compare with the dealer.
I just emailed Ric.

RLinNH

Equipment
B2650,LA534,BH77
Mar 10, 2018
NH
Free shipping to my front door. :D:D:D Granted, 6 week back up on orders, but it is the season...

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
IMG_6340.jpg

I have a large lot covered by 26 mature, large long needled white pines and am surrounded by 37 acres of hardwood bush. I generate a tractor trailer load of pine needles, pine cones, acorns and leaves every year. To combat this mess in the easiest fashion, I have a BX2680 with a 54" mower and a 3ph PTO driven bagger system. As well, I am equipped with a 54" Commercial grade F/M snow blower driven off of the new K Drive system. I procured the 60" Power Angle 24" diameter Power Broom which also hooks to the K Drive system. I can tell you that I am able to completely clean my 1 1/2 acre lot of ALL debris in about 1 1/2 hours. Anybody wanna buy a 3ph Bagger system because now mine just sits in the shed. Thanks to the broom I never leave the seat of the tractor. Trust me when I say this is the only way to clear a large area VERY QUICKLY.

Last edited:

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
View attachment 45569

I have a large lot covered by 26 mature, large long needled white pines and am surrounded by 37 acres of hardwood bush. I generate a tractor trailer load of pine needles, pine cones, acorns and leaves every year. To combat this mess in the easiest fashion, I have a BX2680 with a 54" mower and a 3ph PTO driven bagger system. As well, I am equipped with a 54" Commercial grade F/M snow blower driven off of the new K Drive system. I procured the 60" Power Angle 24" diameter Power Broom which also hooks to the K Drive system. I can tell you that I am able to completely clean my 1 1/2 acre lot of ALL debris in about 1 1/2 hours. Anybody wanna buy a 3ph Bagger system because now mine just sits in the shed. Thanks to the broom I never leave the seat of the tractor. Trust me when I say this is the only way to clear a large area VERY QUICKLY.
Does the powerbroom tear up the lawn? Also work to broom gravel back off lawn onto driveway?

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Does the powerbroom tear up the lawn? Also work to broom gravel back off lawn onto driveway?
You can adjust the height of the bristles so just touching the lawn cleans the loose debris. crank it down a little and gravel just comes right off. I really like it. You can also use it to take up to 3" of snow off the driveway as well.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
You can adjust the height of the bristles so just touching the lawn cleans the loose debris. crank it down a little and gravel just comes right off. I really like it. You can also use it to take up to 3" of snow off the driveway as well.
Interesting. What make/model is your broom? Need to see what's available for the B2650.