Rear Snowblower Wheel Mod?

OperatoringEng

Equipment
B3000
Oct 18, 2019
HAWLEY
I have a pile of driveways I remove snow in NEPA.
They are both gravel and paved in a private community. So I have to adjust the skids on my blower depending on gravel or paved.
Here is what I am thinking and please give me your feedback.
I was thinking of adding adjustable wheels to both sides, behind the box.
Maybe a set up like on a 3 pt finish mower. It should be a quick change to make adjustments.

What do you think.. has anyone done done this.?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a pile of driveways I remove snow in NEPA.
They are both gravel and paved in a private community. So I have to adjust the skids on my blower depending on gravel or paved.
Here is what I am thinking and please give me your feedback.
I was thinking of adding adjustable wheels to both sides, behind the box.
Maybe a set up like on a 3 pt finish mower. It should be a quick change to make adjustments.

What do you think.. has anyone done done this.?
Yes several on here have done it, they work very well.
I would suggest using something like a riding lawnmower tire. ;)

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Mount the gauge wheels on a short swing arm with hydraulic cylinder positioning.

But consider that wheels will need to swivel. You may be better off with "pucks" like those fitted to front mount truck plows. "Snow Plow skid shoes" into the search engine will pull up hundreds of pics.

Last edited:

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Granted that this is on a front mounted snowblower, but should work on a rear mount just as well. The wheel assemblies are from a kubota sweeper, so serve double duty, snow blowing and sweeping. Only need to switch the mounts.
Could you post information on ordering those, like a part number?

Also, how do you use those in conjunction with the snowblower height? Do you put it in float and then the wheel height is the setting?

How are they mounted and is that holding up?

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Sorry, the sweeper came with the tractor as a package, and I have never looked up any part numbers, but the model # is BX2537.
Ok, I just did a part number lookup and the assembly does not seem to be sold as a unit, but as individual bits. Could be available as a whole goods item.
The height is adjusted by sliding the square support shaft and aligning the hole in the shaft with the appropriate hole in the frame support square tube. The frame support tube is home made. Yes, it is operated in float mode. Note that the sliders are still there to support the blower if the wheels are adjusted too high, or fall into a depression. After 2 winters, there has been no required maintenance on this setup, other than greasing the wheels and pivot points.
If you have a gravel drive way, this works well to keep the stones out of the blower until the ground freezes over.