L 2501 hand control build

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
My new L2501 was delivered today and thought some might be interested in my build as I modify the hydro and clutch for hand control use.
I have a B7100 that I fabricated and installed hand controls about 10 years ago and they have worked very well.

I did want to note a disclaimer. Everyone's disabilities are different and what may work for me may be unsuitable or down right unsafe for you. This thread is for entertainment purposes only and not a blue print or tutorial on converting a HST tractor to function with hand controls.

This first set of pictures is the as-new tractor in my driveway and also of the first bracket for the hydrostatic lever.

This bracket will be bolted on and is cut from a piece of 1 1/2 square tubing. The bracket is designed to weld a 3/4 inch heavy wall seamless tube that will make up the lever. I was able to utilize the existing bolt holes/bosses and will reinstall the treadle pedal in its original location. This lever will come up between my legs and allow for full forward and reverse movement. This will allow hand or foot operation.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user