Hunting and game posts

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Well if it makes you feel any different, the local river...there is a dock that I frequent (I fish from the boat, but visit the dock often)....the guides clean/gut their day's catch at the cleaning station on the boat dock and there are some BIG fish always sitting there ready to pounce on fish guts and fish heads. I refuse to fish over it but it's sure neat to watch them come to the top when you walk down to the cleaning station. Based on what I see in there, I bet there's another world record swimming around right there at the dock. If not a record, it's got to be close.

No, I didn't get no pics ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I guess I did forget to include that I'm 100% fine with hunting, fishing, I just can't do it myself.

Heck I eat meat and yes I know where it comes from... The meat store :p...
No, it comes from feedlot operations like I have and then gets processed and then to the meat store...lol

I like meat too, especially the ones I raise. Something about home grown makes it better....:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It's kind of strange the problems I've experienced with store bought meat. When I was suffering from ulcerated colitis store bought meat (beef and pork) would cause the UC to flare up and make my life miserable. Fortunately for me I like to hunt and it didn't take long to notice that wild game treated me much better and much healthier to consume IMHO. I realize that some folks believe meat should be bought at grocery stores where no harm is done to animals or that is what cattle and pigs are raised for so that makes it alright. Being a hunter I also realize that it is much better to keep our way of life low key and try and respect how others feel about our way of life kinda like out of site out of mind, don't rub salt into the wound.

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
It's kind of strange the problems I've experienced with store bought meat. When I was suffering from ulcerated colitis store bought meat (beef and pork) would cause the UC to flare up and make my life miserable. Fortunately for me I like to hunt and it didn't take long to notice that wild game treated me much better and much healthier to consume IMHO. I realize that some folks believe meat should be bought at grocery stores where no harm is done to animals or that is what cattle and pigs are raised for so that makes it alright. Being a hunter I also realize that it is much better to keep our way of life low key and try and respect how others feel about our way of life kinda like out of site out of mind, don't rub salt into the wound.

I don't disagree, but...…….I don't open threads that don't appeal to me, it's sad that others can't apply the same discipline, especially since they are the ones that are so easily upset.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Sadly this will be my first year to miss "Opening Day" in well over 50 years. Reason; I will have total knee replacement surgery this coming Monday the 18th, and I sorta figure that it will keep me out of the woods on the 23rd. Our "pre-rut" activity peaks the week before Christmas and our deer rifle season goes until the end of January, so I should have some "make up" time.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Sadly this will be my first year to miss "Opening Day" in well over 50 years. Reason; I will have total knee replacement surgery this coming Monday the 18th, and I sorta figure that it will keep me out of the woods on the 23rd. Our "pre-rut" activity peaks the week before Christmas and our deer rifle season goes until the end of January, so I should have some "make up" time.
Well that sucks but the main thing is that you get yourself in shape for the next season or if your very lucky the end of this one. Good luck with your surgery and have a quick recovery.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I missed last year, only cause I was kinda in the hospital and rehab, but Ill be there this year,, not so fast nor as active but Ill be there :D

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The Dr.'s office just called and confirmed that I am to be at the hospital (60+ miles away) at 5:30 AM. Crap, that means that I must get up before breakfast, but of course I won't be able to eat anything anyway. :(

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hope surgery and rehab goes well! Can I suggest that you use your rehab time to search out your collection of good jokes for some more to post? Still laughing about the ob gyn assembling the engine through the muffler, there are a few on here that are priceless :)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Magicman, I ALWAYS get up before breakfast!:D

Get well quickly and make sure you do everything the say.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Thanks Guys. I am simply a semi-old codger that tries to enjoy each day and hopefully share some of my attitude with each passing day. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My friend I had mine replaced 8 years ago, it sucked for the first week or so,, but it got better when you hit PT push go till you cant go any more then do it one more time. Lots of scar tissue in there that has to be torn loose or you lose a lot of mobility. You got this!

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, getting up before breakfast is sorta like "early thirty". The older I get the earlier it gets. The knee is doing well and I will probably be discharged from the physical therapy facility this week but the PT homework will continue.

Now back to hunting. A Grandson got this buck last week on my property. He was happy but it will cost him a taxidermy bill. ;)

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Tinks makes a blow up doe now called miss November. I just stood there and laughed the first time I saw it in Cabelas.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Tinks makes a blow up doe now called miss November. I just stood there and laughed the first time I saw it in Cabelas.
Hey honey, you don't mind if miss November and I go hunting for the weekend do ya? And then it all begins, last thing I remember is waking up on the stretcher.:eek::eek: