What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
Nice looking tires. How do you like them compared to your turfs? I'm in the same boat, I bought a used 8200 with weather checked turfs on the rear. I've already had to tube one of them that was leaking air from the sidewall, so I see new tires in my future at some point.

We have a lot of slopes so I wouldn't mind a little more traction. Do you know the size of your rims, were you able to use the same ones?

Is it impolite to ask what they cost?

Last edited:

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
The fire marshall came by and asked us to clean the dry weeds aways form one of the barns. I drug all this equipment out of the way with my L3830 . Then mowed and back drug the area with my FEL , moved the equipment back and the Fire Marshall is a happy now.we will use the weed whip for the rest P.S the disc is for the Cat D-6 not my L3830 just in case you were wondering lol.....Dan

Attachments

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Pond is about 9' deeper now than when I started and should hold more than enough deer and watering my fruit trees . Now its off to the big pond to see if its dry enought to start there
Wow, good work. Now all you need is rain.

About any pond is dry enough here in west Ky. I stopped by a large lake today to just take a look around, it was half of what it was in years past. I could have walked across the middle without getting my shoes wet. 7 weeks since any significant rain and 5th day in a row over a 100* Whew, we're not used to stuff like that!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va

Wow, good work. Now all you need is rain.

About any pond is dry enough here in west Ky. I stopped by a large lake today to just take a look around, it was half of what it was in years past. I could have walked across the middle without getting my shoes wet. 7 weeks since any significant rain and 5th day in a row over a 100* Whew, we're not used to stuff like that!

Tim feel free to come visit me in Va! We're going threw our 3rd tornado this week with a ton of rain.

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
We had an all time high of 109 here in Nashville Fri. It's not fun being a roofer right now.:(

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Nice looking tires. How do you like them compared to your turfs? I'm in the same boat, I bought a used 8200 with weather checked turfs on the rear. I've already had to tube one of them that was leaking air from the sidewall, so I see new tires in my future at some point.

We have a lot of slopes so I wouldn't mind a little more traction. Do you know the size of your rims, were you able to use the same ones?

Is it impolite to ask what they cost?
Love these tires compared to my old worn out turfs, and plenty of traction, I have some steep hills and she crawls right up now where the turfs would just spin unless I was in 4wd. Didnt measure the rims with the tires off but they are the stock rims, the rear rims still have a 13.6x16 sticker on them which is what my diamond patterns were, its approx 11 inches, the new rear tires are 12.4x16. The fronts rims are right around 7 inches wide and now have the 23x8.50x12 on it. Out the door with new tubes and old tire disposal was 960.

Here is the tire thread with all the size details on each tire since its a 4WD and had to keep the right ratio

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7327

Last edited:

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
ecook280,

I really appreciate the reply. Ouch, a grand, but those are some great looking tires. I'll go take a look at that other thread.

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
ecook280,

I really appreciate the reply. Ouch, a grand, but those are some great looking tires. I'll go take a look at that other thread.
Ya labor and new tubes racked up the bill, rears were like 270 each and fronts were like 110, dont have the recipt with me right now so dont know the other prices of tubes and labor and such.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
Finished rebuilding the deck of my G6200H lawn tractor. New bearings, seals and paint. Will reattach it tomorrow if it is not raining and give it a whirl around the lawn to test it.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
OK I know what a food plot is but I've neve been clear if they are used to fatten up the deer for hunting season or are they used to give deer something to nibble on so they dont eat other crops or gardens?

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
To fatten them up and as an attractant. In some states you can't bait the fields for hunting with loose feed but as far as I know you can plant anything you want them to eat in all states as long as its not an invasive species. I helped my nephew prepare a plot to plant an experimental mix for some company he does business with at the hardware store. I haven't heard how it fared with all this heat. It was a 3bean mix, i can only remember that it contained mung bean though.

Last edited:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I moved quite a few trees as we are thinning out some that were planted too close.

Attachments

limatime

Equipment
2006 L2800, FEL, box blade, 60 in bush hog
Apr 19, 2012
Mount Aukum, CA
i sent the picture to my niece and nephew and they can't wait to come over and have dinner at the new "orange table"!

Kytim

Equipment
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
After having had NO rain and Lots of heat this summer theres been no mowing to do. All the grass and vegetation was dead or dieing and brown and crispy-crunchy. Luckily, there's been four storms pass through my part of Kentucky the last 10 days dropping a good 3+ inches of rain. Well that gave me a flushing growth of crabgrass that had to be mowed yesterday. Boy that really greened up quick! I then used my B7100 to tow my late wifes car from the spot she last left it at some 2 1/2 yrs ago. A tow rope and low range made quick work of that. These little buggers continue to amaze me!!