Overcoming New Picture Limitations

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Dang, got a letter from Trumps office last week stating if I didn't donate more to OTT some of my privileges would start to fade away. At first I thought it was a hoax but now......;):D
do a reboot of your computer system if you have not in a while. Clear cookies too.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hello,

This seems the place to ask. Why can i only post one picture in a new thread? ...
in a post two pics... hmm no problem here.

did you use the [manage attachments] menu selection found in next box below the white box you typed your text into when you created said post you intended to put more than one image into?

Attachments

Last edited:

Carl in France

Equipment
B1400, a box and a single blade plough!
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Hello coach geo, yes I use manage attachments.

I pick a photo and all is fine, I then pick a second and it takes the place of the first and so on so I am only able to use one photo per post.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Hello coach geo, yes I use manage attachments.

I pick a photo and all is fine, I then pick a second and it takes the place of the first and so on so I am only able to use one photo per post.
sorry for delay.

Sounds like your using it wrong. you pick one. THEN UPLOAD it. Then pick another and upload that one... and after up to 5 I believe it is (or a max total mb in size) you can't upload any more.

sounds like your thinking that the process is choosing a pic, then another, then another.... then upload all them at once.... It does not work that way. Thought it was that way a few times myself till I had the ahaaaaaaaa moment lol.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Just a question. Why are pictures allowed that are so large that they blow the screen? It is very distracting to have to scroll to even get an idea of what the picture is of, plus be able to read the text on the entire thread.

Example

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just a question. Why are pictures allowed that are so large that they blow the screen? It is very distracting to have to scroll to even get an idea of what the picture is of, plus be able to read the text on the entire thread.

Example
That picture was taken with a phone camera, and if the poster were to shrink the picture by 70% and emailed it to his own computer, and then downloaded it to the forums, everyone would be happy, because the picture wouldn't be oversized. There are ways that the forum software can control this, however, it will cause the poster problems if his whole post is rejected because of an oversized picture. It takes a combination of software settings, and educating forum users to limitations of picture size. You might say that picture hosting is a double edged sword, to keep pictures a reasonable size, and keeping the forum users happy when it comes to picture size.
Even if the forum software were set to disallow these giant pictures today, those oversized pictures that were posted in the past will still be here, in all there giant glory.

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

Example
tis one problem with posting via tapatalk..... PLEASE DON'T

otherwise.... it is not allowed...... offending Post now fixed

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
...oversized pictures that were posted in the past will still be here, in all there giant glory.
If any still exist (there should not be any) let me know..... have been fixing these as I come across them for a long while now

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Thank You for the fix as well as the explanation.

I have an "Image Resize" app on my I5 that does an acceptable job of resizing pictures.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Wow, it works again! Sorry for the green implement. :D