Page time outs and delays

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I didn't describe that well.

Any link sitting in your local browser is resolved by your local browser, usually your ISP.

The DNS delays I believe I can spot are server-side. When the server needs to resolve DNS addresses. Without access to the server logs, I could not say for sure, but based on the timing of some of the delays it is indicative of DNS resolution.

The other day I was watching with one of the network monitors that shows the headers, the object loading times, sources and routes. For the most part it was solid and fast and repeatable, but there were times when you would see delays in the loading. For the most part the delays were SSL handshakes.
I'm not sure how you are seeing the server doing DNS look ups? Any DNS you are seeing would be from your system.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
The DNS delays I believe I can spot are server-side.
You have said this a couple of times now, and I have asked you multiple times, how are you seeing server side DNS delays?

The server doesn't do any DNS queries when it sends you a HTML document. Any DNS you are seeing is from your system. Can you show me what you are talking about so I can understand you?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
From above.

"Without access to the server logs, I could not say for sure, but based on the timing of some of the delays it is indicative of DNS resolution."