B26TLB 3PH Lower Link Pin install

frierfly

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 15, 2019
Kentucky
I have a B26TLB that I purchased new in 2016. It did not come with the 3-point hitch kit installed. I just purchased the 3-point hitch kit (B3941) for my B26TLB. I am trying to install the Lower Link Pin, but the frame/subframe seems to be in the way. The only trick/method I can see to slide the Lower Link Pin in to place would be to remove one of the rear wheels. Is this what I have to do?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
On my B2650 the lower link pin shaft on the tractor has a centered "set bolt" that I loosen just enough for play to get the lower link arm to slide on between the shaft end and BH sub-frame. Usually one link pivot will slip on without loosening the set bolt but not the other. Need like 1-2 mm more but no go without loosening. I think I've got the set bolt backed off just enough now to allow both sides to slide into place, but one needs to be careful not to loosen the pin too much and leave it that way when the arms are removed or the pin could interfere with BH frame attaching and damage something.
And retighten the set bolt locking nut each time, it can and will loosen itself.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

frierfly

Equipment
B26TLB
Sep 15, 2019
Kentucky
I ended up pulling off one of the rear wheels. Lower Link Pin went in smoothly from that point. There is definitely no way to install the Lower Link Pin without removal of a rear wheel.

I would like to upload the video I took showing how I did the install, but I don't think I can as a new member of this forum.

Hawksnest2

Equipment
Kubota B26 TLB
Mar 28, 2023
Liberty Lake, WA
I ended up pulling off one of the rear wheels. Lower Link Pin went in smoothly from that point. There is definitely no way to install the Lower Link Pin without removal of a rear wheel.

I would like to upload the video I took showing how I did the install, but I don't think I can as a new member of this forum.
any chance you still have that video?

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
You figured right.
I used high spring pressure (black) lynch pins down there to prevent brush unlatching.
20579712-88D3-45EC-A24D-804968419563.jpeg

Adding gearbox leveler, pin stabilizers and Pat’s quick hitch sure helped with the little B26 3pt hitch. Particularly for any grade work.

Per user manual and own experience found out importance of blocking up under the backhoe. Made my own special timber pallet. Makes R&R easy.
M59 backhoe made to sit on the ground.
Really enjoy our B26. Spends 80% in 3pt mode.