B7000 won't start after running dry

retiredlawnboy

Equipment
M6800, L245DT, L245H, Gravely 816T with Cab and Wing Mower, 5665, 1960s Li
Nov 24, 2014
Danville, OH 43014
It seems to be a toss up between injectors and pump.
If the smoke billowing was bluish it would be oil passing by the rings.
But you said white. That is what I had and it turned out the injector pump was failing on two of the four injector lines allowing too much fuel to pass by creating the dirty white smoke. I don't know if mine was run dry and was just enough oxidation in there to catch in an open position, but I saw an article (snd cant find it again) where the owner was able to lubricate the springs through the access panel and lucked out not having a rebuild. You still could have a stuck injector but you wont know unless they are tested or replaced.

5thhorseman

Equipment
B7000, Allied 95 FEL, Sovema Tiller, Blade, on 3 overgrown acres
Oct 21, 2010
Aldergrove, BC
About the same for me although not quite full throttle. I'm going to change my filter and bleed the system and see if it makes a difference.
Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I'd suggest to bleed at three points: before the injection pump, at the two outlets of the injection pump (in case it's clogged, as I suspect mine was), and lastly at the end of the fuel lines at the injectors. In that order.

There could also be some buildup in the fuel lines. Worth taking them off and cleaning them out, I've heard. Blow some air through or something.

Lastly, I also read that there should be a spring at the bottom of the fuel filter bowl holding the filter up against its mount. If it's not there it's possibly allowing unfiltered diesel to flow by. I checked mine and can't see a spring, though my bowl is very hazy. Maybe the B7000s don't have them. When you replace your filter could you check if you got one?

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Lastly, I also read that there should be a spring at the bottom of the fuel filter bowl holding the filter up against its mount. If it's not there it's possibly allowing unfiltered diesel to flow by. I checked mine and can't see a spring, though my bowl is very hazy. Maybe the B7000s don't have them. When you replace your filter could you check if you got one?
I was going to follow these steps:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/09/kubota-servicing-101-part-2-fuel-filter/
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/11/how-to-bleed-kubota-fuelinjector-lines/

Will advise on the spring and results.