B7100 Top Link Pin

chetcromer

Equipment
1981 Kubota B7100 4WD
Winter is here, and it's time to equip my new-to-me early 80's B7100 with a blade for some fun in the snow.

I picked up a 60" County Line rear blade today. Got it all ready to hook up and discovered the pin on my top link is about 1" shorter than it needs to be to make it through the bracket on the blade. I expect that this is just because the pin I got with the mower was used to connect it to the 5' finish mower it came with, but thought I'd check to make sure this isn't one of those "think about what the reason might be before you just go buy a longer pin" times.

The manual says it can handle a 60" blade weighing up to 350 pounds, and according to TSC, this blade weighs under 200 pounds... so I think I'm good.

I plan to go buy a longer pin tomorrow (needs about 3 3/4" in of working room vs. the 2 1/2" I currently have) but appreciate any confirmation or thoughts you might have.

Chet

Here's the TSC blade, along with a couple pictures of my setup.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/countylinereg;-rear-blade-5-ft

Attachments

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
It is just a case of how the blade mount is designed. The 3 point will refuse to lift the weight before it will fatigue the pin.