Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tires & Wheels

Tires & Wheels Discuss everything related to ag, turf or industrial tires, wheels, rims, ballast and chains right here.

Old 09-17-2009   #1
jad

Equipment: B7300
Default Liquid ballast

I have a b7300 and am interested in adding liquid ballast to my tires. Can anyone tell me if an air/liquid valve like Gemplers sells is necessary?
Thanks
jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2009   #2
Captjack
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default Re: Liquid ballast

Sure makes it easier !

I got one from Tractor Supply for liKe 6 bucks.

I went with the the water/ windshield washer fluid combo. A gallon of the washer fluid concentrate makes 55 gallons rated @ -18. It cost me $11 a gallon jug so I have a total of 30 bucks (including valve) to fill my rear tires.

It makes a huge difference in the way the tractor handles.

Last edited by Captjack; 09-17-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Captjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009   #3
jad

Equipment: B7300

Thanks, Captjack, I had considered windshield wash but had forgotten you could buy it concentrated. Can't get much cheaper than that. Any tips on filling the tires?
jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009   #4
Captjack
1st Yr. Apprentice

6 dollar valve from tractor supply or gemplers.com will do the trick. I have 12.4-24 R1 's and they take a good bit to fill. hour or so at least.
Captjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #5
tiger9297
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL

I have one of the valves that you can hook up to the hose and then have to press the relief button to let air out as you go, but my question is how do you add water PLUS another fluid like washer fluid with this setup? There is no way to draw fluid from another container is there? I would like to fill the tires on my B7100, but I don't want corrosion, and even though I'm in MS, we could still have a freeze, so I would definitely need something other than just water.
tiger9297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #6
Service Dept Vic

You can gravity feed it in by mixing the concentrate and water in a seperate bucket or jug, or build an adapter into your garden hose that can act as an eductor, drawing your concentrate into the tire at the same time the water is added.

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009   #7
osut362
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9000dtc, b7500hs

i have an old garden sprayer i use. just add your antifreeze to the sprayer and pump it in. you have to take the spray wand off first however. after i get the antifreeze in the tire i add water with the water hose/tire filling thing already written about.....al
osut362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009   #8
bky
1st Yr. Apprentice

I filled mine with free used antifreeze I used one of the cheap drill motor mumps with short piece of garden hose on onside and plastic tubing on the other side that fits over valve stem. Fill tire with antifreeze mix so far then pull hose off valve stem to relieve air then fill more till full.
I would put valve steam around 10-11 position so you know when fluid is covering wheel but not full.
bky is offline   Reply With Quote