Wheel weights, weights etc Help

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
Hey guys does any of you have wheel weights for a B6000? What would be the best way to add weight? I read that article about loading wheels and I think it would be good but I don't think it would be enought.

The fellow I bought it from added a old kitchen sink that he added gravel to it seems to work OK other than sticking out a bit in the back. I lost some of the gravel so I added rocks (New Hampshire I have plenty) but it feels overloaded now. I would if affordable to put something that matches the tractor.

Any advise? :confused:

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
I have loaded rear tires. Since I don't need to worry about anything freezing, I just used water. In addition, I have a box balde that I normally leave on that hangs another 500 lbs. or so back about three feet. That combination seems to be plenty of ballast for me.

You could also buy or build a version of a weight box that you could attach to the TPH if you so desired. There are commercial weight boxes available for purchase that you then fill with ballast of your own choosing --- check E-Bay. Lots of guys also build their own weight boxes out of barrels, trash cans or whatever they can find. You may want to do a Google search for weight box --- I'm sure you'll find countless "How To's".

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I have mine filled with water/ windshield fluid concentrate. Its good to a -18 and cost me 22 bucks ! i have tubes in my 12.4-24 R1's so i dont need to worry about rusting the wheels.
This takes care of most of my ballast, but if im doing really heavy lifting I just leave the bush hog on or anything heavy attached to the 3pt

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
Re: Front end weights

MY newly purchased B7200D has a loader and backhoe attachment. When lifting anything of any consequence with the backhoe I can expect the front wheels to lift off the ground. I thought I was smart and purchased three suit case weights for the front end. I thought I could hang them on the front end of the tractor frame, but there doesn't seem to be much room with the loader frame,etc in place. Does anyone have any ideas where / how i can hang these weights? Thanks for any suggestions.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
Or forget the weights (I know --- they cost money so you would like to use them) and just scoop up a bucket full of your favorite ballast. Dump it back where it came from once you've finished.

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
I was pulling some down pine trees out the other day and I agree I scoop a load of sand or rocks and no trouble before I was doing wheelies :eek: