L3560 snow removal help

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Tire choice really doesn't matter in regards to whether you need chains or not. If you are operating on very steep and icy conditions, you need chains. If you just have gentle slopes, you don't.

R4 tires work just fine in snow; in fact I think they work well. I've plowed with both R4 and R1. I don't see much difference.

Your 3560 HSTC has plenty of weight over the back end, especially with loaded tires. Weight is what moves heavy snowfall with ease.

I plow with my 4060 HSTC using a back blade and front loader and loaded R4 tires. Works great...just give the tractor plenty of time to warm up because it takes awhile to get heat in the cab. Run the speed higher than idle.

R4 tires are essentially the same as what the big front end loaders with snow pushers are plowing Wal-Mart parking lots with, so clearly they work OK.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
I appreciate the feedback. My biggest fear is sliding around, getting stuck in a ditch and then have to think, “wish I would have gotten chains.” This is my first tractor and don’t know the capabilities of the machine.
Or flipping it over ...

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
With a front end loader on a tractor, it's hard (not impossible though) to get stuck. The loader can be used to "assist" the tractor backwards, or even forwards, and lift front tires sunk in mud or snow. It won't assist with a rollover situation though.