Knee replacements and MMM

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
Recently got my 2nd titanium knee and I have not had much fun before this knee getting the MMM on and off my BX 23s. I am looking at options and thinking of getting 2 furniture dollies from HF to see if I can fab something that makes it easier to slide the MMM under the tractor.

So before I head off on my own fab. I am wondering if any of you have made a dolly or something for the mmm that makes putting it on and off easier?

If you have something, pictures would be very helpful.

TIA!
Luke

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I was making dollies for some of my equipment when all of a sudden a light went off about putting the equipment on pallets and using a pallet jack. Don't know if this will work for your application but it makes moving the implements around in the shop a lot easier. I got a new pallet jack at HF for a little over $200.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I would think that the clearance under the tractor is going to be the problem. Placing the back wheels up on blocks and the using the fel to pick up the front might give you enough room to place a dolly under the mower. Allow the mower to come down on the dolly and disconnect it. Lowering the fel if needed to let the mower rest on the dolly . Using the fel to pick up the tractor to move the dolly out of the way.

I would fashion a T shaped handle out of a steel rod to reach down and pull the mower/dolly around.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
We have a BINGO for the HF dollies,, I jack the front end up slp them under after disconnecting the drive shaft and yes fake knees suck but at least they work

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Both hips and shoulder replaced here! I use the long T handle. It slides pretty good on the concrete garage floor.

I still have to get on my hands and knees to line everything up. Lay on my back to hook up the drive shaft!

I have a 4" thick soft kneeler I use when down on all fours! My knees are still good so I always use the kneeler!

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
sooner or later, you'll dedicate a 'lawn mower' only ride and NOT have to deal with swapping implements.
I don't have the MMM for my BX23S, never will...have 2 ancient 'riders' to cut grass around here.
Bad enough getting down, then trying to get up, oh yeah...bifocals do NOT work 'down there' either ..
While getting old sucks, the alternative ain't better !

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
sooner or later, you'll dedicate a 'lawn mower' only ride and NOT have to deal with swapping implements.
I don't have the MMM for my BX23S, never will...have 2 ancient 'riders' to cut grass around here.
Bad enough getting down, then trying to get up, oh yeah...bifocals do NOT work 'down there' either ..
While getting old sucks, the alternative ain't better !
That's one of the reasons why I bought my BX, I got tired of pulling the mower deck on my JD430 and putting on the cab, chains, blower and weights every fall and reversing the process every spring.
The JD is relegated to snow removal and the BX to lawn mowing and whatever I do with the FEL.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Maybe I don't think right but I would hire a handy man service for an hour and sit and watch him change the tractor over for me. Even if he has never done it before with the supervision they should be able to do it. Even if it was $50 per hour that would be good money spent not to hurt nor buy the second tractor.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Maybe I don't think right but I would hire a handy man service for an hour and sit and watch him change the tractor over for me. Even if he has never done it before with the supervision they should be able to do it. Even if it was $50 per hour that would be good money spent not to hurt nor buy the second tractor.
I thought that's what kids & grandkids were for, the hard work :D
I have a husgvarna zero turn for yard mowing .

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah but back then they were allowed to slap the snot out of us if we didnt listen :D

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
On BX2200, I was able this year to try this and it worked. Disconnect the pto and pull the lift arm pins and then drop and remove the front hanger bracket. I then simply lifted the front end up with the loader, pushed the deck forward, and when dropping the loader, slowly back up while curling out. It created enough space to position the deck in front of the tires as the loader came up. Essentially, all it saved me was dragging the thing sideways, but why not save energy when possible. My deck doesn't have the guide wheels that turn 90'.

Last edited:

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I've got a zero turn for mowing as well. When I go to buy a new piece of equipment (toy) and the boss (wife) complains of the cost, I just remind her how much knee and back surgery costs. I'm hoping to get 7 or 8 more years out of this new knee, many many more years out of the tractor ;)

Firefox

Equipment
2650 hst cab,fel,72mmm,48lp forks,48 tiller,PeCo vac,wt box
Mar 15, 2018
Swanton ,Oh
Snowmobile dollys work great for that situation,height about 2" and platform about 9x9". Worked for me.(one replacement knee)