BX2380 PTO Engagement Delay

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
The only filter protecting the steering and pto on a BX is the suction screen. the hydraulic filter comes after them and really just protects the HST. Of course eventually it does filter all the oil but anything that falls into or washes off the inside or the transaxle must go through the suction screen, the steering valve and the PTO circuit before it gets to go through the HST filter.
always learning from your posts eserv!

I am wondering if it's just a perception kind of thing.
When I first got my Bx 1880, the first time I engaged the PTO it took a second which I believe is the time it takes you to move the lever.
Then it engaged and SCARRED THE S%%T out of me!:eek:
Very abrupt depending on the implement you have attached!

I'm finally getting used to it but it seems to have a weird perceptible delay then a BOOM! when it kicks in.

Just my two credits worth.
this has been my experience too, one implement will come on smooth, while another, like the brush hog for example, will be a bit dramatic

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
always learning from your posts eserv!

this has been my experience too, one implement will come on smooth, while another, like the brush hog for example, will be a bit dramatic
Inertia my friend, inertia!

My 30" flail mower can be felt but nothing to dramatic, the 48" dual bladed rotary mower feels (and sounds )like it's going to rip the back of the tractor off!:eek:
Makes me pee a little every time!:D