Just got my first orange tractor (zl1500dt)

hammy

Equipment
rototiller
Aug 4, 2019
Listowel Ontario Canada
I just purchased my first orange tractor I got a ZL1500DT with fel and rototiller. since all the labels are still there but in Japanese I want to see if I can get a manual that is in english. Does anyone know if there is such a manual and where to locate one?

thanks in advance I am sure I will have many more questions and pictures soon

Winnipaw

Oct 21, 2019
Hingham, Massachusetts
Congrats on the purchase. Hope it’s everything you want in a machine. I just picked up an old b4200 with 1620 loader. This thing is like a Swiss Army Knife. I’m trying to learn as I go with it. Good luck to both of us.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Welcome to the forum, Hammy. It sounds like you got a grey market Kubota. I don't mean to sound negative but parts could be a problem at some point. Most Kubota dealers don't sell parts for grey market tractors. They're well built and parts are available - just not necessarily through Kubota dealers.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It a Grey, it's the same exact tractor as a L1500 the Z is for Zen Noh (co-op in Japan at the time) read more about it on the main page.

The L1500 is almost the same as the l175, except the L1500 can be a 4wd where the L175 was not offered in 4wd.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Welcome to the forum, Hammy. It sounds like you got a grey market Kubota. I don't mean to sound negative but parts could be a problem at some point. Most Kubota dealers don't sell parts for grey market tractors. They're well built and parts are available - just not necessarily through Kubota dealers.
Canadian dealers will support "grey market" Kubota products. It may be difficult to figure out what you need or to get some parts, but they will help you. That old lawsuit really only makes grey market tractors an issue in the USA.