Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing

Buying Advice, Recommendations & Pricing Looking at starting or growing your Kubota equipment collection? Unsure if you have found a good deal or not?

Old 12-10-2019   #121
bearbait

Master Tech

Equipment: L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Default Re: Tractor Purchase Not Working Out, Getting Stressed

I feel for ya CW I really do, this kinda crap shouldn't happen to anyone but this thread now reminds me of that old saying "you can lead a horse to water". I wish you all the best my friend but remember you only get one chance to make this right, once you say ok to your stealer you have to live with it.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2019   #122
jkcolo22
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX25D

This is crazy. Time is not your friend! You need to get this fixed immediately. The longer you have possession of the tractor, the more it becomes “yours”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jkcolo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019   #123
Ditchdigger54
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2601 FEL, Box Blade, snow plow, Home made Balast box

I’m a new owner myself.
Waiting is never fun! I ordered a new car some years ago. Dealer told me 8-10 weeks. It took 4 months before I got it. When I did get, I was the most fun I’ve ever had with a car!
However, if this dealer isn’t forth coming with anything soon, I’d be asking for my deposit back. There are plenty other Kubota dealers. I’m sure the exact tractor you want is just sitting somewhere waiting to be snatched up.

I wish you luck!
Ditch
Ditchdigger54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019   #124
SMKK
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650

It looks like that tractor has been cobbled together from multiple sources. The suspicious areas where there is rust and such near the bolts is very indicative of parts being swapped between machines. The ill fitting loader and everything you pointed out in the video just further points to the machine being a Frankenstein.

As you mentioned in your video now that you are in the winter you won't use the tractor much. Return it to the dealer, tear up the contract, and walk away. Take a couple weeks off and then start fresh. JD, Kubota, Case, MF or Kioti what matters most is you can trust your dealer and that he treats you fairly. This one has proven he is not to be trusted.
SMKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019   #125
dlundblad
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 3 G5200’s, G6200, (w/ RC44/48-G’s, G2505, G2000) L2501 (w/ RB1572, FDR1672)

I agree with jkcolo.

You need to take that thing back and/ or call the dealer ASAP. They may tell you to pound sand since it***8217;s been used though.
dlundblad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019   #126
jkcolo22
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlundblad View Post
I agree with jkcolo.

You need to take that thing back and/ or call the dealer ASAP. They may tell you to pound sand since it***8217;s been used though.

In which case, you need to escalate to corporate. Possibly even a lawyer, but hopefully not because I’d hate to see you spend money to get this problem fixed. However, you may need someone to look into consumer finance laws (if you financed) or lemon laws in your state. If this tractor was pieced together (as it definitely appears to be), this is probably a fraudulent transaction.

Show your dealer the video. The time for being polite and worrying about hurting his feelings is OVER.

Wolfman— are you able to see if his serial numbers match up as a fully assembled unit from the factory?

Old 12-11-2019   #127
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcolo22 View Post
Wolfman— are you able to see if his serial numbers match up as a fully assembled unit from the factory?
No I'm not, which is a little disturbing to me.
Maybe just a fluke with that model or series, but highly suspect given the details and the condition of the unit.
Old 12-11-2019   #128
tiktock
2nd Yr. Apprentice

IMHO people are far to kind to these dealers. Dealers are like girlfriends. Once she cheats on you, how happy are you really gonna be and how much will you really trust her even if you somehow manage to get back together?

Location to me is a null point. Think of how much hassle this has been. It has already eclipsed any inconvenience driving your tractor around for service. Every part can be ordered online and doesnt require someone at the dealer punching numbers into a computer screen for you.

Even if dealers are 100% valuable, this one is NOT and will never be.

My response after all this would be scorched earth. You tell them to take it back and get out of the contact or this thread, your video and their reputation will be smeared far and wide. Let them know you'll lawyer up, post 100% of their information online along with a timeline of their level of service and what you received and that it will stay permanently attached to their (and indirectly, Kubota's) reputation. They dont deserve your kindness or your kid gloves because they clearly havent offered any of that respect to you.

These guys sell tractors. Period. They arent your doctor, your trusted confidant or your friend. The second they stop providing the services that they literally exist to provide, they should be treated accordingly and as many people as possible should know.

Its not petty revenge. Its a service to the community that may prevent someone else from going through the same thing.

Its amazing how quickly things move when you take the kid gloves off and put yourself back in control. If nothing else is motivating them, I'd overtly threaten them with legal action, escalation to national/global Kubota and viral reputation crushing documentation.

IMHO people are far too kind to those that they pay to provide goods or a service and fail to deliver. Think about it. They are a kubota dealer. Your request was to give them YOUR money and their ONLY job was to provide you a new, working tractor. They not only failed to do that but it clearly seems they did so fraudulently AND did it in an unreasonably long time over their original quote. Where's the recourse? Why would they treat a single customer any different unless they are called to task at some point?

My local dealer sucked across the board in my buying attempts and I have made it very public who they are and how things went. I've had at least 4 people PM me about the experience from the area and I directed all of them elsewhere. If they had simply done their job they'd have sold me one and I've have referred those 4 more. Instead they didnt get my sale, missed those 4 sales and anyone who searches for their name or Kubota in my area will eventually stumble upon how they acted and hopefully go elsewhere.

I hold grudges so I be sure to wear their competitor's hat when I go in to buy parts. If they offer to order anything, I tell them I'll go online and walk out. Oh well!

Last edited by tiktock; 12-11-2019 at 01:51 PM.
tiktock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019   #129
MadMax31
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX23S, 60" MMM

I watched most of the vid.

You can email corporate with your serial number and they will tell you exactly when the machine was sold, not rolled off assembly line. It absolutely appears to have sat on a lot for extended time in the sun. Not ideal...

The subframe bushings all have that goofy rust circle. Its how they are powder coated at the factory. Any BX23, BX24, BX25D up to our BX23S will have that stupid bare spot that makes you think a different bushing should be there.

I would give Dealer a short leash to make it right, otherwise he can come collect it off your property and refund and money you have tied into it and go somewhere else. Or, at minimum, offer a reasonable resolution...

L175 sold
B7610 sold
MadMax31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019   #130
jkcolo22
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax31 View Post
I would give Dealer a short leash to make it right, otherwise he can come collect it off your property and refund and money you have tied into it and go somewhere else. Or, at minimum, offer a reasonable resolution...

If this is a Frankenstein, the only resolution is a new tractor, which the dealer seems terrible at actually obtaining. The bummer is that this dealer probably got scammed by the 3rd party dealer that he got it from. This makes the whole situation a lot more complicated for both the OP and his dealer.