Ktac

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
TLDR: If you are buying new I highly advise KTAC, they are prompt and to the point. If you are in Southeast Iowa and looking for equipment give Belzer Equipment in Albia, IA a look. They are relaxed, and definitely go the extra mile for their clients.

So I was out with my 2501 about a month ago brush cutting my property. I just got the place last December and the previous owners had not cut the pasture in the back in the last decade. the pasture is surrounded by trees and the trees doing what they do best decided to grow in the nice open space of the grass over that time.

Lo and behold I got hung up on a tree that was covered in the rest of the brush really well and end up doing a bunch of damage to the step, seat, grill, and even bend the underside of the foot platforms, and the cup holder was nowhere to be found.

About a month before that I was using the loader to move around some brush and a piece started coming loose. Being worried that it was going to drop on my head I float the bucket down and start dumping the bucket to get it as far from me as possible. While watching the murder branch the top of a different tree also in the bucket hits the ground and leading to the root ball landing on the hood and leaving a large dent.

So after ample and well deserved kicking of my self in the butt I look at the battered and bruised 2501 and decide to put in a request via KTAC online because it was Sunday and outside of their hours.

I expected to hear back in a week or two but to my surprise they called on Monday morning to get further details on the incidents. They told me that unfortunately because the items happened at different times that they had to enter it as two different claims each requiring a $250 deductible for a total of $500 but that KTAC would cover it after they got a quote from the dealer on the cost.

So I reach out to the dealer to let them know I am bringing the tractor in and the salesman that I been working with there says no problem they will get it slated to be looked at right away on the following weekend. So Monday I get an email from KTAC saying that the work is approved and we are off to the races.

The orders the parts and 3 weeks later my 2501 is looking like she did when they delivered her. We go to settle up the bill and the guy taking the check says" "$250 please you can make the check out to Belzer Equipment."

A little taken aback I go we had 2 claims and it is supposed to be 500. The guy goes and talks to the salesman and informs my wife and I that they disagree with KTAC and believe it should have been one claim so they are covering the other 250. They even used some touch up paint to clean up areas where I had worn the paint to primer from use and pointed me to their recommended diesel additive.

So on a scale I would rate KTAC a 10/10 good choice and reduced the cost of my repair from 5 grand to $500 and I would rate Belzer Equipment 11/10 for their customer service and how quickly they moved me up the list plus saving me another $250. However, I would like to mention that I 0/10 want to need to use it again and would rather catch the situations in the future before causing damage to myself, others or the tractor.

Stay safe all and have Happy Holidays!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Nice to hear of the good customer service.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
you would be surprised how many folks think that $20/mo (or whatever it is on their equipment) for ktac is a waste. But stop and think ...if it's financed through Kubota, they require insurance. That can be homeowners or whatever. Many just go that route because it's a little cheaper monthly. Then "that day" comes (kinda like the OP had), tractor goes to dealer, dealer fixes it, and then insurance would pick up the tab minus deductible. Look at the deductible. $250 for KTAC. homeowner's can be $1000, $2000, etc. I've seen folks bring equipment in for insurance claims to find out that the repair is the same price as their deductible (one instance was $2500). Another was an engine replacement in a ZG200 series, engine and labor was $2300, they found out that their deductible (through business) was $5000. KTAC would have picked it up no problem for $250.

It is SO good, that my brother bought KTAC when he bought his L3600 last year....and that's an old tractor. He had an issue too, $250 deductible fixed his $3700 "oops"