headlights ?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Like vic, I'd be surprised if the factory lights were adequate. I'm on my third Kubota and as happy as I've been with most everything else, the headlights have all been pretty sad.

Even the factory work lights on my L4240 didn't make the grade and have been replaced with LED's. They delivered spotty / splotchy lighting patterns.

For plowing and loader work, high-mounted LED's work for me. For mowing, the best light is from a pair of LED's mounted low on the grille guard. The low lights make seeing the cut line much easier for me.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Your plow will block most of your light either way. Add a high mount LED light bar high on your rops. Lots of threads on here for ideas.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
LED lamps make great illumination, take less power, and can be mounted almost anywhere. They do have a downside, though. They radiate a LOT of radio frequency energy and can wipe out all radio or cell phone reception on the tractor. They can also affect any electronic instrumentation or confuse your computer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: ...
They radiate a LOT of radio frequency energy and can wipe out all radio or cell phone reception on the tractor. They can also affect any electronic instrumentation or confuse your computer.

Please tell me which ones and HOW they create the 'noise'.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
re: ...
They radiate a LOT of radio frequency energy and can wipe out all radio or cell phone reception on the tractor. They can also affect any electronic instrumentation or confuse your computer.

Please tell me which ones and HOW they create the 'noise'.
Read a lot of 'folklore' on that subject/ I think it depends on the quality of the LED and it's electronic components. I only run CREE SMD's and I've never had an issue. IMO, you get what you pay for.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I have no experience with problems - I use CREE lights. The problem stems from cheap manufacturers not properly filtering their power supplies. They can turn the power line into a transmitting antenna. Adding a capacitor or two in strategic locations should minimize or eliminate the problem.

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I currently run LEDs on my western plow lights, truck lights and my 2018 Skidoo BC 850. All aftermarket products. My phone works around all my rides and no glitches or computer issues. Did I mention my phone works on my tractor also? Haha couldn’t resist, I can’t here my phone on my tractor. But my ear buds along with Pandora works great.

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
LIGHTS! YAY! my favorite subject.:D
I just got done doing a major upgrade on the stock lights and did a LED project on the ROPS.
I changed every light on my BX to a LED'S and it makes a HUGE difference!
The Red Tail lights can be seen now.
The yellow flashing hazards on each side are very visible now!
As far as the headlights, the Led's do make a big difference but I would never, ever go outside my property without the bigger LED lights on the ROPS.
On a small BX (even a bright orange one) the more light the better you can see and BE SEEN!:eek::cool:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I currently run LEDs on my western plow lights, truck lights and my 2018 Skidoo BC 850. All aftermarket products. My phone works around all my rides and no glitches or computer issues. Did I mention my phone works on my tractor also? Haha couldn’t resist, I can’t here my phone on my tractor. But my ear buds along with Pandora works great.
With a cab, issue eliminated and you'd have an am-fm too. Your cheap LED's would cause that radio to have static....:eek:

Myself, I leave my phone at home when tractoring. People today are way too dependent on cell phones.

lunasdude

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, FEL, quick con pto, box bld, land plane, flail mower
Dec 22, 2018
Los Lunas, NM USA
With a cab, issue eliminated and you'd have an am-fm too. Your cheap LED's would cause that radio to have static....:eek:

Myself, I leave my phone at home when tractoring. People today are way too dependent on cell phones.
Nooo. can't leave the phone at home!
I have a little Bx1880 and what if I get attacked my a pack of coyotes or, or, a swarm of scorpions, or fall into a pit of rattlesnakes??
Very common in the desert!
If i have my phone I can say HEY GOOGLE CALL 911 FOR ME!, between the bites, stings and screams of course!:D:D

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I can't get a ROPS for my old L245DT through the safety program - not available anymore apparently. The headlights are blocked by the loader. Any thoughts on where to mount extra lighting? My other L245 had lights mounted on the fenders, but it was only slightly better, and they were in the way.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Headlights are terrible and are blocked by the snow plow when plowing, so they are virtually worthless, if not dangerous

I’m very happy with these, mounted on the ROPS.

Side Shooter LED Lights, AutoPowerPlus 2pcs 5 inch 120W LED Pods Off Road Driving Fog Light Waterproof LED Cubes Spot Flood Combo Work Lights for Truck Jeep ATV UTV Pickup Boat https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B9SS2FB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dp85DbE7MK82E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: