Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 12-03-2019   #11
Dave_eng
Master Tech

Equipment: M7040, Nuffield 465
Default Re: M7040 No power to dash, no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palominofarmer View Post
Power to dome light. No power to cig, radio, A/C, Dash lights, work lights front or rear, wipers, headlights, guages.

This morning I went to start it, started fine, no issues at all. Didn't move it at all or mess with anything at all. Just start, ran for a few, turned it off. Took my daughter to doc. Appt., went to start it and nothing again. When it starts, it starts without issue. When it wont start I get absolutely nothing when I turn the key. It's about as random as it gets.
Do the 4 way flashers work when everything is dead?

They are on the same circuit as the dome light which means power should be always there.

Dave
Dave_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
Palominofarmer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota M7040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllDodge View Post
Its wire or connection from Starter to Fuse to Key. Something in the chain has some corrosion or bad connection, my guess is corrosion.
Ok gents, I had some time today to dig into this thing. I checked every fuse, relay and connection. Hot tested everything. Power to new key switch, starter, all fuse boxes have juice. Disconnected all pigtails and cleaned them out. Removed all relays and wire brushed the contact points. Swapped all matching relays to see if there is any change in function. Absolutely no luck at all. Neighbor has a new tractor, swapped batteries (yes, I have neighbors like that. It's awesome). No change at all. Grounds are all good. Traced what I could in the wiring harness for shorts or breaks. I came up with nothing...Pretty mechanically sound. Electrical is not my specialty but I'm not a novice either. Anyone have a new idea of what I'm missing?
Palominofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
Palominofarmer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_eng View Post
Do the 4 way flashers work when everything is dead?

They are on the same circuit as the dome light which means power should be always there.

Dave
No, dash is dead. No flashers, gauges, horn doesn't work, no headlights or individual turn signals.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
lugbolt
Journeyman

Equipment: G1900-S with RC54-G20

If it's a cab model, pull the floor mat out, you will see a bolted-in tunnel. Remove it. Underneath are the wirings. Disconnect the connectors and clean them and see if that solves your issue. I've seen some of the connectors so corroded that they wouldn't come apart without damage; in that case, cut them off and hard-wire them; unless you have access to new connectors and pins then just replace them.
lugbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
AllDodge
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9540 RTV1100

Need to be using a voltmeter, test lights just says there is something there.

Can check voltage drop by placing a meter probe on each end of a single wire. Should read next to nothing, finding more shows possible corrosion.

Remove and try to look under the insulation jacket at the wire ends. The jacket can look great and may be badly corroded under
AllDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16
Palominofarmer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugbolt View Post
If it's a cab model, pull the floor mat out, you will see a bolted-in tunnel. Remove it. Underneath are the wirings. Disconnect the connectors and clean them and see if that solves your issue. I've seen some of the connectors so corroded that they wouldn't come apart without damage; in that case, cut them off and hard-wire them; unless you have access to new connectors and pins then just replace them.

Buddy, you are a life saver. Burned connection. Going to run a jumper on them and let you know how it goes. Hopefully this is it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #17
Palominofarmer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Ok I have power to dash and she cranks but no start, no headlights, no blinkers, brake lights, horn, etc. Progress has been made. Got late so I'll mess with it tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help. I'm sure I'll have it back in service tomorrow.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #18
Palominofarmer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugbolt View Post

Hey man, you were spot in. One of the connectors was burned up under there. Hard wired everything and she starts right up now. However, I have no lights, flashers, radio, or headlights. I do have A/C, wipers, work lights front and rear. Any idea where to go from here?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #19
AllDodge
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9540 RTV1100

Go to post 4 and look at the diagram at points a and b
Both are feed by a 5 amp fuse
AllDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
Palominofarmer
1st Yr. Apprentice

Gents, I'm all fixed up. She rolling just like off the lot. Thanks a million fellas.