Quick Attach Front Snow Blade

rickB2320

Nov 19, 2019
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hi all, just joined Nov 19 2019

I recently bought (June this year) my first Kubota a B2320, 2009 and in good shape IMO. It came with the standard fel, Sims cab, and a front mount snow blower.

A lot of people like the front mount snow blowers, so do I, but not at the "expense" of loosing my loader. So I decided I just wanted a Quick Attach front snow blade. Seen some online that clamp to the bottom of your bucket, but I thought I could make something at least as good, and take up less room in the bargain. If you've seen those that I'm talking about they are at least a couple of feet long (sticking out past the bucket)

So, mine clamps on the sides of the bucket, with what I'll call a finger bracket, and a turn buckle. It takes up no extra distance, and don't weigh much. Can install by myself in a minute, with zero tools.

The blade is 60" wide, 25" high, small bend every 5".

Rick

PS, Also made a rear fork, and bin, which I can haul about 1/8 cord of wood.
And the blower is for sale in Nova Scotia...lol

Attachments

Last edited:

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
You can push just as much snow with the FEL bucket, as well as stack it. I can't see the advantage of the blade for a few inches of width gain.

rickB2320

Nov 19, 2019
Nova Scotia, Canada
You can push just as much snow with the FEL bucket, as well as stack it. I can't see the advantage of the blade for a few inches of width gain.
12" is fully 25% wider, that alone is worth it to me, I think pushing snow should be with something wider than your wheel base, obviously I'm not alone on that. plus saves wearing the bottom of my bucket. Don't have to "dump". They are advantages to me.

If the snow gets deep enough I can quickly remove the blade to "stack it" (hope it don't)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Couple years ago I had to do my co-worker's driveway with their Kubota, because her husband just had surgery.

She didn't know how to operate his BX2370 with the SSQA blade. It's manual angle, and I left it at 0 degrees - - i.e. - straight like a bucket or your blade.

We had 6-8" and their driveway is not level, curves, there's a couple turnarounds, with banks/slopes above and below driveway.

Took a couple passes to figure it out, but I could pile the snow, and also dump over banks pretty easy. :D

Your blade should work just fine...Looks like a super set-up.....as long as those turnbuckles hold up....:)

Last edited:

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Looks good...but be careful of impacts to the blade/loader. That has no shock or impact take up...

I like the concept...not sure how to “hang” it with springs or some buffer...

Post some more photos of the build/mounting of it...maybe have to figure something out for myself...:rolleyes: