Modified bucket

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
The bucket on the new tractor needed a snow guard. When the bucket was in the "Curled" position and the boom way up in the air a lump of snow could have fallen off the bucket and down on the hood or worst come through the windshield.

Years ago I had that happen to me while I was operating a 988 Cat loader in Lab. City, Newfoundland so to help prevent that from happening to me again I made the guard for this tractors bucket. I cut the steel to spec and I welded it, primed and painted it. The total project took aprox. eight hours to complete.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Looks GREAT!! Probably be handy for a lot more than just snow - my L185's hood was beaten nearly to death by dirt and rocks!
Another great job!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sadly this was built on his older tractor. He now has Kioti Killer II all pimped out for pushing snow. I hope he kept the bucket atleast.

Wildfire

Equipment
Beautiful welds and fabrication...your tractor is so lucky!:eek:
Thanks. Glad you like it ;)

Looks GREAT!! Probably be handy for a lot more than just snow - my L185's hood was beaten nearly to death by dirt and rocks!
Another great job!
Thank you and your right about rocks and stuff hitting the hood. It's been a great help preventing that from happening.

Pauley you is DA MAN,,,lol:D
Ha. You think? :D thanks man

Sadly this was built on his older tractor. He now has Kioti Killer II all pimped out for pushing snow. I hope he kept the bucket atleast.
You are 100% correct. This job was done for Kioti Killer 1 but when Kioti Killer 2 came along I kept the bucket and let the new bucket go with the traded tractor. Well the traded tractor only had 200 hours on it :rolleyes:

For those who haven't seen Kioti Killer 2 here he is. :D

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul

With as much snow removal as you do and the looks of your cutting edge maybe you could use a polyurethane cutting edge. Check out Fall Line, you can purchase a cutting edge and custom fit it to your tractor and blade. They also sell snow plow wings as well.

http://www.fallline.com/store/Results.cfm?Cat_ID=9&secondary=23
Thanks Eric. That cutting edge is reversible. I don't think a polyurethane cutting edge would last very long for me. I'll check out the link. Thanks!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Thanks Eric. That cutting edge is reversible. I don't think a polyurethane cutting edge would last very long for me. I'll check out the link. Thanks!

Have you given the website a little looksee at the cutting edges? I was just curious to get a professional usage opinion on what they think about it.