M4900 front end replacement

kevinshelton

Equipment
M4900, B7100 HST, ZD1211, RTV-X1140
Sep 26, 2017
Center, Texas
We recently bought a small farm for our retirement. Part of the deal was an old m4900sud 4wd tractor, I think it is a 2004 year model. This thing has seen some hard usage. Right off I had to rebuild the engine. That setback was approx $1300. Runs great & compression increase well worth the cost. Here we are a few months later and my right front wheel locks up. As it turns out, the gears, bearings and everything else inside the housing including the gear case housing is shot. Started pricing replacement cost to include new tie rod assembly for both sides. I can buy the wheel cover assembly to include bearings, seals, etc for a little less $280. The lower bevel gear alone is $300.00. Gear case housing $866.00. All essentials added up to approx $3100.00 & that is just for the right front wheel. I am looking for help in finding some cheaper parts or possibly someone who has an old front end that I can bolt up and go.
I love Kubota but this is ridiculous.
$$ Distressed in Texas

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Try Mid States tractor salvage. They part out Kubota tractors all the time.

I have to replace the right outboard seal on my open station M9. The center section is leaking into the right planetary. Least it's an easy job. Pop the tie rod end, 6 bolts and the planetary comes right off. Pull the pinion (it's splined into the center carrier, pull the shim, pop the old seal out, drive in a new seal, replace the shim and pinion and button it up.