Gray Market parts in Australia?

Aussie Al

Equipment
Kubota L1500
Mar 28, 2011
Sydney Australia
Hi Everyone,

Firstly i just wanted to say what an awesome site this is. I found this site in a web search on the L1501. I purchased my new pride and joy back in Jan this year, and it's my first tractor. I have a small acerage in Sydney, Australia and this tractor does it all in a breeze.

I picked it up for a song, ($3200 with a slasher) but it has one small problem. The Hyrdaulic lift won't go up. It will hold if you can lift it up, and releases softly, but it just won't lift. Needless to say, after reading pages and pages in this forum about Hydraulic Lift problems, I think you guys have already answered this same problem many times. I'll drain the fluid and check the screen to see if it's clogged. If that doesn't work, i'll be back to pour over another section or two.

Also just wondering if there are any members here in Australia who'd know where to find parts for the L1501? I rang several Kubota dealers and they all seemed quite unhelpful. After reading the 10 myths about Gray Market tractors, i now know why. I've rung a few places around Sydney, but most people claim to not know what model i'm talking about. Any suggestions would be great. I do watch ebay, but rarely do i see parts for this model.

Cheers
Alison

Last edited:

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
Bill is the guru for grey market stuff in and around Sydney. I bought from him some time ago now, still going strong! Well worth a visit.

I just wish there was a manual for my machine.

johnat

Equipment
L2002 DT
Dec 23, 2010
Tamworth, NSW, Australia
The North American equivalent is L185 or L175.
Do some research to determine for certain.
That is the manual you want.
Equivalent ain't necessarily equivalent!:eek:

I have a machine for which there is a so-called equivalent manual available online. I have paid good money for that manual and it is IDENTICAL to the "non-identical" manual supplied with the machine.:mad::mad:

I have a parts manual in Japanese (great help that is!) and TWO manuals for machines that are IN NO WAY IDENTICAL to the machine I have - for example, my machine has 4 PTO speeds, neither of the manuals I have purporting to be of "equivalent" machines have more than two PTO speeds. The control layout in both manuals is totally wrong! (OK, they both have steering wheels, but that is about all they have in common with my machine!)

Do NOT be fooled with American equivalents, they have absolutely NFI about the Aus grey market tractors. :mad:
I just wish I had access to the original Japanese manual, at least then I could find someone to translate it for me. Unfortunately, the Japanese site will not even give access to manuals for their domestic machines, and there are no Aus versions of the Japanese domestic machines.
As it is I have little idea, and even less hope of finding an English version of the manual for my machine.:mad: