L2600 Neutral switch

jholler

Equipment
L2600DT
Jul 26, 2009
Jonesboro, AR
Ok, I don't know the technical name, and near as I can tell the parts manual just calls it "switch". It's the neutral safety switch at the base of the hi-lo range lever, I have to reach down and manually wiggle a slotted white plastic doohickey to get the tractor to start. Wiggling the lever won't do it. Is this something that can be fixed with an adjustment, or do I have to replace the switch?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Can't help you with the switch. Had to comment on the word "doohickey". I thought that was a Georgia word. Did you move from Ga??

Boudreaux

Equipment
'95 L2900
May 6, 2009
Church Point, LA
Can't help you with the switch. Had to comment on the word "doohickey". I thought that was a Georgia word. Did you move from Ga??

"Doohickey" is not a Georgia word. Like many others, I have never lived in Georgia, and I have heard that word for the last 55 years, right there with "thing-a-ma-gig".

There are somethings that are just plain ole' universal....LOL.....!!!!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
"Universal", good thought. "Boudreaux" ,What a coincendence. My pastor is Dewayne Boudreaux from La. Hodges La, but I think hegrew up in another city.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Ok, I don't know the technical name, and near as I can tell the parts manual just calls it "switch". It's the neutral safety switch at the base of the hi-lo range lever, I have to reach down and manually wiggle a slotted white plastic doohickey to get the tractor to start. Wiggling the lever won't do it. Is this something that can be fixed with an adjustment, or do I have to replace the switch?
I have the exact same problem with my 2001 L2600DT s/n 51515 and I get it started by moving the range lever to the edge of the rabbit detent from neutral position and she engages the starter. I will look into this for you because it isn't right but I'm a mechanic and have a bad habit of fixing everyone elses tractor and tricking mine out because if it ain't broken don't fix it is my motto.....:cool:

jholler

Equipment
L2600DT
Jul 26, 2009
Jonesboro, AR
That's what I've been doing for quite awhile now, but apparently it's gotten worse. Now I have to reach down and wiggle it manually, the range lever doesn't do it anymore.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
J for short I will get a hold of Tim Honeycutt at Carver Equipment and check price and availability of this plastic switch. I looked at the schematic last night in the works shop manual and discovered that this switch is in series with the PTO safety switch and both report to a relay (N/O) that determines voltage sent through the ignition switch to the starter solenoid. Simple, but needed to prevent the starter from driving transmission if in gear and a range ( H/L ). DFWI,...its needed to keep from hurting by standers, running into stuff, etc.... Lawyers have a field day with this kind of stuff.. I'll BE BACK .... Kubotenator....:D

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
J..... I was able to adjust the white slotted lever by simply backing the 1/4 nut off centering the rabbit/ turtle level and closing the internal micro switch and then retightening the little nut and now it stays closed when in neutral position. :)This is a simple N/C normally closed micro switch that once the lever is moved into a range it opens ( stops current flow to the starter relay ) after the tractor is running it doesn't matter until you go to start again and then the circuit must see both the PTO lever and neutral level switches closed to complete the circuit to ground for a restart. Now if you adjust the white lever and it won't close the micro switch without a meter to check continunity you will have to assume the internal contacts are bad and the switch assembly needs replaced. :eek:

bubbaboss

Equipment
1989 Kubota B8200 4x4, Kubota 72" Snow Blower
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
"Thing a Ma Bob" "Thing a Ma Gig" "Do Hickey" and here's a Canadian One "Petone" pronouced "Pea Tone" with a silent "e"

Its a French Based Word, I Usually use it in "Thats Stupid Petone" Is Screwed... LOL

I Probably Spelled it Wrong, Since I'm not French .... Maybe Someone will Write it Properly in French for ya.

I Will admit to Calling things Very! Bad! Names, when i get too Frustrated and Have No Clue what i am doing, or Things Just Don't behave as i like them too.

Another thing We Tend to Say in Northern, Ontario, after Raking your Knuckles because the Wrench Slipped is "Tabernack" seems to Work Better than Swearing at that time.... However! i suggest you say it when your Alone! Some people are Offended by that Word.

Bubba