Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 02-28-2010   #11
dusty-t
4th Yr. Apprentice

Default Re: B6100D 4x4 Spring Clean up

Hi Smokinhart. Very very nice. Looks great. Power steering too. Tell us about the power steering. It looks very neat and compact. The tractor looks great. Dusty
dusty-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2010   #12
Wildfire
Journeyman

Equipment: Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.

Each day I log on here I'm pleasantly surprised by the work that I see and this project is no different. I think some of the best work on the net is from members of this site. Man I would be proud to have that tractor and truck for that matter parked in my yard. Hats off to you sir. Very, Very nice work.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #13
Randyj
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548

Smokin'.......

Very nice work! Another fine resto done by a member of this site!
Looks very good! Looking forward to pics of the loader install.
Randyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #14
smokinhart
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Cool Re: B6100D 4x4 Spring Clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty-t View Post
Hi Smokinhart. Very very nice. Looks great. Power steering too. Tell us about the power steering. It looks very neat and compact. The tractor looks great. Dusty
Trail Dust.
Had several PM's and questions on the Hydro Steering. So here it is...

Here is the steering sector with the Danfoss OSPM -40 ON stuffed up under the dash panel. The dash was remounted from the old mounts to the steering tube to outside mounts on the new frame that holds the steering valve in place.

The cylinder is from a Skyjack scissor lift and has a 5.1/4 " stroke - which matches the total distance of the old drag link that the B6100-7100 Kubotas used.

Pressurized by a Cessna front mounted PTO Hydraulic pump. Front Pto shaft adapted from factory 18 mm shaft to a new stainless steel compression hub which does not require keyway and hold 81 plus Ft pounds torque. (The front PTO shaft from Kubota is NA in the 18 mm and Kubota, Matt at Golden Eagle has a found an old Service bulletin w/ kit to convert to 27 mm but costs over $500 to build and part out) See my thread looking for 18 mm 27 mm front pto x-over. I did not need to mount a snowblower or mower so I opted to do the the machine shop work to attach my Cessna pump.

The Cylinder
[IMG][/IMG]

The Steering Wheel

The steering valve side - still have to trim out the edge of the opening....

Before picture as it was from Bohunk Farmer

Sheet Metal prep sand blasted and ready to phosphate and coat
[IMG][/IMG]

Better post of the New Paint and steering, Sub-frame ready for new loader

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
smokinhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #15
traildust
Journeyman

Equipment: B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper

Hey there smokin!
I was just about to PM you and see if I had caused confusion. But I see you're already on it and the post looks great! It's a great spread of photo's like looking through a centerfold

As a matter of fact the pictures even cleared something up for me. After seeing the image of the lines going to the bottom of the steering wheel I realized it's actually a hydraulic steering system and not a power assist. That is awesome! Great craftsmanship smokin!

Scott

AW LAWDY here we go with more technical mombojombo! - Eric McCarthy
traildust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #16
dusty-t
4th Yr. Apprentice

Wow, what an awesome install. I had the opportunity to buy something that from a wrecker but he wanted 500 bucks for it.What a stupe , I should have jumped on that like a duck on a june bug. That big cylinder I bought was $450 and it took me about a month and another $200 to install and get it right. Oh well live and learn. Thanks for the pics, again very nice. Dusty
dusty-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010   #17
Service Dept Vic

Pretty cool fab up.

Oh Ya! We've got that!
Service Dept Vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
b6100, kubota b6100 rebuild, kubota b6100d