clutch problem on B1750 HST

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
I have a Kubota B1750 HST with a belly mower. When I purchased it, I noticed that the rear PTO would turn when the front PTO was turning for the mower. I thought this was not possible, but it didn't hurt it's operation. Now all of a sudden, when I push the clutch, the PTO does not disengage and the mower keeps spinning. I have to start the tractor with the mower engaged. The clutch pedal feels the same. Am I looking at a separation of the tractor and a complete rebuild of the clutch? or am I possibly over looking something?

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
Are you fully depressing the clutch? I'm not sure if that model has a 2 stage clutch or not.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Sounds like the clutch disk has stuck to the flywheel. Push the clutch pedal down and try to drive the tractor. If it moves /drives, then the disk is stuck to the flywheel. Sometimes they can be freed up by putting a load on them with the clutch pedal down. With a HST transmission this means working the tractor with the pedal pushed down. I would start with lots of stop and go jerky back and forth driving. If that does not work then try pulling something heavy or run a chain to a tree and pull. Do you have a rototiller? If yes tilling some ground would put a double load on the clutch to help break it free. Remember all of this must be done with the clutch pedal down.
Sometimes there is nothing you can do but split the tractor and open the clutch to free it. Hopefully yours is not stuck to bad.

Grateful Farmer

May 14, 2010
Industry, PA
Thanks for the info. Yes I do have a rototiller. I will try your suggestions. What makes the the clutch disk stick to the flywheel? If I am able to free it up, what will keep it from happening again?

Fastest1

Equipment
1994 B5200 FEL
Dec 9, 2012
Conroe, Texas
Kubota sends a wooden block to keep the clutch pedal pressed down. A small piece of 2x4 placed under the floorboard would work too.

bulldog_shotgun

Equipment
B2150HST
Feb 3, 2013
SW, Ohio
Kubota sends a wooden block to keep the clutch pedal pressed down. A small piece of 2x4 placed under the floorboard would work too.
i think that a b1750 like my b2150 will actually have a lever for that on the side near the clutch pedal its a little tab that flips over and catches in teeth, to hold the pedal down. so that friction plates dont rust to the pressure plate and flywheel.