B 7200 Clutch ??

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey that looks like my hood .I am going to attempt to replace the whole top of the hood and possibly the front six inches. You can't even tell what it is supposed to look like. Now who is the guy that decided to put epoxy on the rad guard. I didn't think I would have to deal with that stuff ever again. At least this time it wasn't a 45 foot flat deck. Great stuff if applied properly but nasty if you have to redo something even if it is twenty years later like the 7200. Anywho I finished painting the rims, nothin special but better than they were. Also got most of the rad guard cleaned and primed. Glad I sprung for the orange and blue Kubota paint. It did a great job on the front axle.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I can put in one picture what I did today. But I did make some headway. I primer and one coat of black on the firewall, same with the fuel tank cradle. Final coat on the rad guard and screen. Cleaned up the air cleaner, I wasn't going to paint it but I'm glad I decided to, It had water in it, snow must have blown into the intake when it was outside. there was no water in the hose but now that I think about it I'll go have another look . I pulled air hose off but I didn't look any further.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Everything looks good from afar but far from good. It will look a lot better than it did, but I have no delusions about my skills at body and paint. Anyway the wheels are on, rad guard & screen, air cleaner, fuel tank support and thats it. Steering wheel and dash are off. I'll be starting on body parts now. Thats why the wheels are on so I can roll it outside to spray. My shop is really small. Mind you I changed my 86 f350 crew from 2wd to 4wd in this little shop. So Iam very gratefull for this little shop.

Attachments

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Very impressive progress! This thread has become your "rebuild journal". That Kubota hasn't received this much love since it left the factory! :D

I enjoy the updates on the progress, nicely done! I tell Vic to stop in from the shop and to make sure to take a look at your latest and chime in.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys. Just got a couple of hours today. Cleaned up the screen and hardware for the front grill. The screen was just covered in cement and bent up pretty good. It straightened out not bad. My plan of attack for the plastic part of the grill is to start with jb weld and then fibreglass it. Any thoughts or different ways to do this I'm open to all and any options.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys. Nope that's not a Kubota grill badge that is a busted Kubota grill badge. JB weld didn't work. I don't think I mixed it right , it didn't harden the way it should have. So while I was waiting for the jbweld to not dry, I cleaned most of the other body parts so they are ready to sand. I did a bit more on the grill after it fell apart. Michael was saying something about being Old School. Me too, it may be a plastic grill but its gonna be held in shape by steel. We'll see what it looks like when its done. Back at it tomorrow and were gonna see if I can make 32 inch j d tiller into a power sweeper! Wish me luck. Forgot also got the fuel tank and firewall on, and ya I know its black.

Attachments

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
dusty, I am old school, back in the day (the early 1970's) when I was trained you used steel but since I am now a aircraft mechanic, I use aluminum a lot I am thinking that if you got some aluminum you might try your hand at it. since the grille is not going to support anything more then it self. You could make a brace that goes along the inside of it and then simply drill it and use countersunk pop rivets on it, I am thinking 3/16ths rivets would be fine.

Then once you done that a skim coat of fiberglass over the top of it and you are set or bondo would also work, but with the shaking that a tractor has happen to it fiberglass would probably be preferred.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys. Thanks for the replies. I messed up painting the firewall, primer and paint didn't like each other.So instead of going out for more paint I just splashed it black. That's after the hour it took me to strip it. Michael, steel I've got Aluminum I don't. I'm more comfortable with steel anyway. But rivets, great idea. Never thought of it. I think I even have some that will work.You can see iv'e put a brace on the bottom I'll replace those small bolts with rivets and I'll make another one to go all the way around the inside of the top and do the same thing. Thanks Guys, now I had better get to work.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Well I did a bit today. So far the repair on the hood is going well. I cut off about 2 inches at the very front of the hood and I cut out the top of the hood. The piece of sheet metal behind the hood is what I'm using to build the top. 12mm should do the trick.

Attachments

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
For the small dings on the edge of the hood try dry ice. I have used that with some success in the past just wrap it in rags and hold it on the surface for few minutes.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Dry Ice Huh. I was just gonna beat the snot out of it till it did what I wanted it to do. Well,your last idea worked out well. And talented that guy Wildfire is so far out of my league.Who da thunk it, dry ice, where the hell do I get dry ice. Thanks for the replies guys.And for the complments and encouragment and advice and for putting up with this thing taking so long. Must be some kind of record for changing a clutch.

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
For dry ice go to Yahoo and type dry ice suppliers in Canada.

I have used dry ice the reason it works is it contracts the metal with out banging it, it is pardon the pun, a cool way to remove the dent. As long as the dent is under a inch you generally can use it.

Got a parking lot ding on your car it works great to remove the ding.

Got a parking lot ding On your car it works great on removing it and it only cost what the dry ice to get rid of the dent.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I would take that hood if you had it. For that matter I would probably drive out and pick it up.Oh well , on to stuff that is real and boy is this hood real. I just hope I can keep the back of the tractor on the ground when I tip up the hood. Got a bit more done today. Not a whole lot , my son was changing the rad in the GMC. New rad had a crack in the tank. One of those days .It's a pretty sad truck. Mind you , I don't think I would bring the 454 GMC , 4 by 4 no less!!. Id have to sell the house to pay for gas.

Attachments

Last edited:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Guys. I'm quiting early today. Just about done the steel work. I haven't put the centre piece in the hood. I kinda like the hood without it. What do you guys think. I mean there is no way you can mistake it for original it weighs 40 pounds.

Attachments