L175 Sheet metal work ************

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I think I understand. Basically you just formed it from the tail piece that was there. Some dimensions might help - It looks like you cut about 4 to 5 inches off the bottom. One thing I can't figure out though is how/why there is an upward flair at the beginning of this piece. It may just be from the driving down of the rear with the chisel??

I'll try it on a piece of thin walled conduit first to see how it works.

I did the shaping all on cold thick new exhaust pipe to make a tail pipe for the muffler and the upward flair is due to working it cold. The silver paint makes that rise look greater than it really is but I suppose if that were done on hot metal it would be more of a sharp bend or straight.

I'll try to get some numbers measuring this tomorrow. I have some appointments that burn my time but I'll try. :)

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I honestly don't know how I missed this thread but glad someone brought it back. I looked through the whole thing this morning and sir I tip my lid to you on the outstanding job you did on that old tractor. Man it's beautiful. It goes to show that if anyone's really wants to do something and do it well it can happen.
Congrats on a great job sir.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I honestly don't know how I missed this thread but glad someone brought it back. I looked through the whole thing this morning and sir I tip my lid to you on the outstanding job you did on that old tractor. Man it's beautiful. It goes to show that if anyone's really wants to do something and do it well it can happen.
Congrats on a great job sir.

Thank you for your kind words. :)... and support of the "Orange". :D
You do a fine job of excellence yourself.

The tractor is doing excellent and I am happy the way it looks and works every time I get on it. I think my next mods will be LED lighting. After putting LED's on my fourwheeler Quad Runner I absolutely love having near daylight in the dark woods.