New to me L2250DT, broken flywheel bolts

cviola2005

Jun 8, 2016
Clarkrange, TN, USA
Well, I guess I forgot to update this thread. I left off with an oil leak near the front of the engine and the 3PH only working while operating the FEL. NIW helped me out with the hydraulics problem, turned out to be super simple and an easy fix. The PB and the FEL out lines were swapped.

I found the oil leak and it as simple but it sure wasn't easy. I had to disassemble the front of the tractor and lift the motor out slightly to get the front cover off and change the gasket. After a full day of tearing that apart and putting it back together, finally no oil leak.

The hydraulic suction line had a crack in the brake joint where it connected to the transmission. So I had to fix that when I changed the hydraulic fluid. Simple rebraze.

Had to rework the 3PH a bit. Someone replaced a lift bar with a top link...way too long. So I put it in the lathe and cut an inch off each side, rethreaded the end links and I was then able to level out the arms.

Hyd leak on the FEL, simply had to remove a fitting, clean threads, and tighten back down.

A lot of little things to work on, but I got them all done, and everything working great.

I used the tractor for a month or two, but it was just too big for my place. The business has a subcompact with FEL and rototiller, which is more useful to us having a garden. So I sold the L2250. I do kinda miss it, but like I said, too big for me. I may buy a smaller Kubota in the future, one to fix, and put a finish mower on it.

If anyone has one, at anytime in the future of this posting, let me know.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this, I sincerely appreciate it. I will definitely stick around trying to help others as well.