Gr2120 lawn tractor

rodnutrandy

Equipment
8n ford , buying Gr2120 Kubota
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
I put a set of reflectors on they don't do much but they look OK I will be ordering what you got. They are exactly what I need when blowing snow especially near the road. Can you tell us how you hooked them up, I guess the headlight was the only place they can work from. Thanks
I just ran a double wire to front thru frame, put ground on battery ground post, hooked positive to head light switch, Switch pulls out easy to hook up to! I did use the brake light wire since I don't have brake lights or turn signals , that is a brighter light , ( lights have 3 wires , Ground, parking light and brake/ turn signal wire.

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
Hi,

Getting my new to me (Sept. 2014, 36hr) used GR2120 this Saturday. I've been looking through all the forums and determined the Kubota still seems to be the best machine to fit my needs.

All reviews of course had good and bad things to say about all the various manufactures similar tractors.
I liked the advantages of the diesel, AWD, size, weight, drive shaft, hydro PTO. Then adding a snowblower with remote chute and deflector angle adjust and plow for the winter. Then a Johnny Bucket sleeve hitch to tow my log splitter and firewood cart. Any idea if that "fun connect" from Canada is available in the US?

I'm in awe of the fab work some of you have done and hope to learn much more on the site.

Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers... -tommyb

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Thanks Rod that's what I figured, what ever brightness you want then use corosponding wire. I will be ordering them this weekend. Thanks

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Getting delivered on Tuesday, I'm like a little kid, I can't wait.
QUOTE=tommyb;155898]Getting delivered on Tuesday, I'm like a little kid, I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy for you Tommyb. I have 2014 Gr2120 I bought new just a little over a year ago and I can't find a bad thing about it (115 hrs). I have the grass catcher that I will be putting on soon to pick up the massive amount of leaves I have every fall. I works fantastic. Short video on grass catcherhttps://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=16F9C9EA33CF0782!894&authkey=!AFJUs2zROb2Ey_w&ithint=video%2cmov
I also got snowblower attachment (not fun connect) and it can be a pain getting it on and off but it is only once a year. I'm in Ontario Canada so check with your local dealer for info on fun connect. I don't see why it wouldn't be available in the US. Otherwise the blower works great , I have 90 foot double wide paved driveway with a bit of a grade up towards the road and the all-wheel-drive works excellent on turf tires no Chains or weights needed. I will be putting on a homemade chute deflector and chute rotation device soon I hope. I will probably copy some of the modifications othe guys have done. I wish all of the GR stuff was in one section it can be a pain searching for things.
I am seriously thinking about a Johnny Bucket Jr. For next year !

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
Thanks for the reply OBKubota, that grass catcher does a nice job with the leaves, thanks for sharing the video. The Johnny bucket looks like a handy addition to your toolbox.

Today the orange machine arrived :D, only had a little time to check it out when I got home from work before it got dark. I did a short climb with it on the the hill, it had no problem, only me feeling a little uneasy going along the slope... being not use to it. I've had my old small other orange mower on it with no problem, although I was able to lean toward the up hill side... with the Kub, I ran into the PTO and lift levers...:eek:. Guess I'll try it again nice and slow tomorrow, and switch directions so I'm over the gas tank. I can always go up and back down the hill if need be.

The little diesel doesn't break a sweat and the power steering is great. I also picked up some yellow LED multi mode flasher taillights that will be added soon. Oh, and it fits in the shed with a couple inches to spare going through the door. I need to make something that will raise and lower the grass deflector from the seat. I can't wait to get more seat time.

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Everyone just takes those grass deflector's off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
I repainted my 30 year old leaf trailer this week, decided the gr didn't have much respect pulling the rusty trailer around , Done picture is not hooked up, leaves aren't down yet, just getting ready . I built this trailer for the leaf attachments 30 years ago, hard to believe I built it at 34 years old and still use it every year. The pair do a awesome job of getting leaves up!

Attachments

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Everyone just takes those grass deflector's off.

By the way the reason I took mine off is because I have so many trees and obstacles etc. it really gets in the way.

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Looks much better in Orange. Brand new. What do you do mow them in a pile them suck them up into the trailer. Does that trailer dump or do you just put them in a pile somewhere else or do you bag the leaves.

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
Looks much better in Orange. Brand new. What do you do mow them in a pile them suck them up into the trailer. Does that trailer dump or do you just put them in a pile somewhere else or do you bag the leaves.

I have a shute goes on deck, 5 horse Briggs sucks them up and 4 blade turbine also chopps leaves up, Takes about 15 minutes to load it, another 15 to take it back in woods and rake them out. Picks up a lot of leaves in that 15 minutes , I have a lot of trees also , reason for bar on one side, it pushes trailer over so tire clears tree. vacuum has enough suction I pick up leaves with deck all the way up ! If deck is down , it will pick up all the nuts and twigs. tailgate folds down to rake leaves out! My leaves won't be down for about a month, lets me go play with my other toy as car shows wind down! Other toy shown!

Attachments

Last edited:

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
I will post pictures as it get used later, have a lot of Oak trees here in Ohio , leaves stay on longer ,so my leave attack may be a month away .

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
OK cool so one end of that hose goes on to your mower discharge. Better than paying $1500 for a grass catcher like I got. My problem is I have to bag them so the grass catcher is ideal for me I only use it for leaves though. Used to be a labor intensive two-man job now I can do it all by myself. I have a lot of maple trees that are starting to shed already.

tommyb

Sep 12, 2015
Wallingford, CT.
By the way the reason I took mine off is because I have so many trees and obstacles etc. it really gets in the way.

I removed it also, for the time being until/if I figure something out... thanks.

So, mowing the hills (as expected) are no problem. The machine is a pleasure to run, no slipping, tire skidding... nothing! Will be adding a quick connect, snowblower and plow for winter.

Rodnutrandy... nice refurb on the leaf trailer, looks great.

Some shots of my helper

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f...loads/2015-09/20150925_160357_zps2pgslrda.jpg

:D

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Those little dump trailers are worth their weight in gold aren't they.

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
OK cool so one end of that hose goes on to your mower discharge. Better than paying $1500 for a grass catcher like I got. My problem is I have to bag them so the grass catcher is ideal for me I only use it for leaves though. Used to be a labor intensive two-man job now I can do it all by myself. I have a lot of maple trees that are starting to shed already.

Here is trailer hooked up, A lot of leaves have to come down yet, but nice day ,so I picked up 3 loads in about 2 hours .

Attachments

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I ordered the same lights as you got rudnutrandy but only got one yet in some of the description pictures its showed 2 lights so I will have to order another on so I should have them on in about a month lol. There doesn't seem to be much room between the body and fuel tank, did you have any trouble installing the one on that side ?

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
I ordered the same lights as you got rudnutrandy but only got one yet in some of the description pictures its showed 2 lights so I will have to order another on so I should have them on in about a month lol. There doesn't seem to be much room between the body and fuel tank, did you have any trouble installing the one on that side ?

I got 2 , they shorted you , I ordered a second set in case I break one and got 2 in that set also . You need to contact them . check my next post! I think I ordered from different site than you did!

Last edited: