Gr2120 lawn tractor

rodnutrandy

Equipment
8n ford , buying Gr2120 Kubota
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
Have mowed several times. Am a very happy owner , the Gr2120 sips fuel, goes up or down all my hills without spinning or sliding a tire . The power Steering is great , power is great, only complaint I have is the ride, can't seem to adjust anywhere where it is comfortable, But than again, I get to put in more time on couch since I got this mower. I do wish it would mow in reverse, but safer as is .

Nieuwsma

Jul 8, 2013
Moscow, ID USA
You can mow in reverse. After you have engaged the blades, press the button to the right of the steering wheel. The light on the button will flash. It will now allow you to mow in reverse until you disengage the blades. I am in the habit of pressing the button right after I engage the blades so I can always mow in reverse.

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I am getting ready to do first oil change (50)hrs and I got Kubota oil sae 15w-40 recommended for gr2120 from the dealer.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Spoke too soon about the mowing. Sharpened the blades and tried again.. Much better mowing. It pulled my 2 mowing decks up the steepest slopes with no problem. I'm happy now..

i was gonna say - get an edge on them blades.......i have had blades upside down and "cut" grass, but a good keen edge make the grass sing! If you get down and take a "good" up close of grass it tells a good story about the blades that were used.:)

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
Thanks , That is what I came up with after asking. I just wanted to top off mine , was a hair low, Have 45 hours on it. Figure I can finish leaves before the 50 hour oil change . Wasn't below the add mark, but I have a lot of steep hills and didn't want to chance it. Used 15W40 Shell rotella to top off . I was worried about putting the leaf trailer behind it. Can't even tell it is back their . Seems to handle it fine . I picked up leaves today, emptied trailer every 1/2 hour and did complete yard in the time it usually takes to mow it, I am still trying to figure out how I did it ! Thanks for reply !

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
I am getting ready to change oil on my 2014 Gr2120 Diesel mower . Is their any thing wrong with a wix oil filter and 15w40 Shell Rotella oil ? I don't want to hurt my mower, but can't really see driving 35 miles to dealer to pay twice as much as I can buy 3 miles from home . Please feel free to correct me if I am thinking incorrectly !

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I am getting ready to change oil on my 2014 Gr2120 Diesel mower . Is their any thing wrong with a wix oil filter and 15w40 Shell Rotella oil ? I don't want to hurt my mower, but can't really see driving 35 miles to dealer to pay twice as much as I can buy 3 miles from home . Please feel free to correct me if I am thinking incorrectly !
Sounds like we both have the same machine with the same hours, I am loving mine so far.I didn't think the dealer prices where that outrageous but I stocked up last time I was there. I'm not saying the other products won't work butI don't want to mess with the warranty.

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
Sounds like we both have the same machine with the same hours, I am loving mine so far.I didn't think the dealer prices where that outrageous but I stocked up last time I was there. I'm not saying the other products won't work butI don't want to mess with the warranty.
I don't think I will void the warranty if I use the oil with the specified rating . All it said in my manual was to use API service CF or higher 10w30 or 15w40 . I will call my dealer and make sure . Thanks for reply !

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
Anybody tried a front snowblower on the gr2120? Wondering if I should upgrade to a bx2370 or stick with the gr
I have a new 2120 and new 2728 snowblower I'm hoping it will do the job but we haven't had enough snow yet I will keep you updated.

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I don't think I will void the warranty if I use the oil with the specified rating . All it said in my manual was to use API service CF or higher 10w30 or 15w40 . I will call my dealer and make sure . Thanks for reply !
no it probably won't void your warranty I just like to be able to prove what kind of oil I bought and if I bought it from the same dealer that's preforming any warranty work it just makes it easier, but that's just my opinion good luck.

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
Has anybody else wanted to mount tail lights on their GR? I like the looks of the Bx wrap around, but don't know if they would fit GR series or price. Any help appreciated!

Greg Lockhart

Equipment
GR2120
May 25, 2015
West Virginia
I've got a new GR2120 and so far I like it. I'll be changing the oil and filters for the first time soon. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good oil to use and alternative filters. I found a cross reference for the engine oil filter but have not found a cross for the hydraulic filter (HHK20-36990).
Thanks

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
I've got a new GR2120 and so far I like it. I'll be changing the oil and filters for the first time soon. Wondering if anyone has suggestions on a good oil to use and alternative filters. I found a cross reference for the engine oil filter but have not found a cross for the hydraulic filter (HHK20-36990).
Thanks
I was going to use Shell Rotella and Wix filters, but a helpful person on here pointed me to dealer. No more often than need to change it, I went with dealer. that way they have record of me changing oil and filters. I only put about 60 hours a year on mine, so not a great expense. Thanks also for other post answering my light question!

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio
After reading your question, I ordered a set of LED lights and added them to my GR2120. Not fancy, but they are bright. Cost about $10. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CE0MDKY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I ordered Led taillights off them too. being cheap , I let them send them free postage, hope to have them within a month, just be nice when mowing at edge of highway! Should add , am very pleased with the Gr2120 Diesel, can not only mow my hills without sliding , but can stop anywhere on the hills , also went back in my woods and cut some tall stuff never mowed before, never boughed down , just took it down !

rodnutrandy

Equipment
Mar 11, 2014
Hillsboro ,Ohio

Attachments

OBKubota

Equipment
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I took your advice and bought a different set for my Kubota from listing you showed, like them , in fact ordered a second set to back up the ones I installed.
I put a set of reflectors on they don't do much but they look OK I will be ordering what you got. They are exactly what I need when blowing snow especially near the road. Can you tell us how you hooked them up, I guess the headlight was the only place they can work from. Thanks