3/4 NPT Plug Location

GamblerAcres

Oct 29, 2018
Ohio
So I went ahead and used the first freeze plug location (from the front) on the left side. I used this location because it was the only one that was completely unobstructed. The 3rd and 4th locations were blocked by the starter. The starter is only 2 bolts but the lower bolt is blocked by the loader frame. I didn't really feel like taking everything apart.

The freeze plug ports are definitely horizontal slots on the MX so it's impossible to spin the plug to remove it. I ended up drilling several holes until I found a good place to thread a large screw and very carefully pry it out with a pry bar against the block. This was difficult because there are several hard lines around the area but it's not impossible.

I tapped the adapter in and I'm currently waiting for the loctite to cure before I try it out. Hopefully it heats just as well as the recommended mounting location.

jprast

Equipment
MX 5200, Grasshopper K725
May 8, 2020
Kaukauna, WI, USA
So I went ahead and used the first freeze plug location (from the front) on the left side. I used this location because it was the only one that was completely unobstructed. The 3rd and 4th locations were blocked by the starter. The starter is only 2 bolts but the lower bolt is blocked by the loader frame. I didn't really feel like taking everything apart.

The freeze plug ports are definitely horizontal slots on the MX so it's impossible to spin the plug to remove it. I ended up drilling several holes until I found a good place to thread a large screw and very carefully pry it out with a pry bar against the block. This was difficult because there are several hard lines around the area but it's not impossible.

I tapped the adapter in and I'm currently waiting for the loctite to cure before I try it out. Hopefully it heats just as well as the recommended mounting location.
I just installed on in the third plug. my concern is the
Don't think Frank will answer, he hasn't been back on since 2016, the heater best location is in the frost plug location behind the hydraulic pump, but you won't notice much difference putting in an accessible frost plug location on the right side, in front of the starter.

P/N 70000-00297

Here is the cheapest place to get it:
https://www.ebay.com/p/555749385
Is there a horizontal slot in all plugs? I installed one on left side, 3rd plug, by the starter. That location has the horizontal slot. about half the hole is blocked. The slot does not look big enough for the fluid transfer to be enough to warm the engine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Is there a horizontal slot in all plugs? I installed one on left side, 3rd plug, by the starter. That location has the horizontal slot. about half the hole is blocked. The slot does not look big enough for the fluid transfer to be enough to warm the engine.
It will work fine and dandy, and no there is no clear open port anywhere in the block.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

It will be fine, they are all that way.