Screeching Hydraulics

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
Hello,

I have a '94 L245DT. CHanged hydraulic screen and fluid using Kubota parts and fluid. It ran fine for a couple hours, then went back to screeching like it did prior to fluid and screen change.

Any ideas? The tractor has:
-Power Steering
-FEL
-Backhoe

I'm at my whits end with this thing - I've replaced most of the hydraulic hose (a lot of them were cracked).

Does anyone know how I can debug this? There was water in the hydraulic system when I drained it, the screen was completely clogged, so i'm wondering if the pump is shot..

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello,

I have a '94 L245DT. CHanged hydraulic screen and fluid using Kubota parts and fluid. It ran fine for a couple hours, then went back to screeching like it did prior to fluid and screen change.

Any ideas? The tractor has:
-Power Steering
-FEL
-Backhoe

I'm at my whits end with this thing - I've replaced most of the hydraulic hose (a lot of them were cracked).

Does anyone know how I can debug this? There was water in the hydraulic system when I drained it, the screen was completely clogged, so i'm wondering if the pump is shot..

the screeching .......can you be more descriptive? Like a cars power steering pump? Or is it sound like the bypass valve?

the power steering pump .....is that driven off the same hydraulic pump?

might want to change your filter AGAIN, in that short time, it might have gathered up more stuff.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
When you have this problem what do you have on the three point. Does it change if you lower the three point. Does the loader have a front pump or run off tractor hydraulics.
Lance

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Check the screen again, I bet it's plugged solid again with slime. If you had water in your oil, there is a good chance you have algea growing in your system now.

Google "algae in hydraulic oil" for some reading, sorry can't provide links right now.

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
the screeching .......can you be more descriptive? Like a cars power steering pump? Or is it sound like the bypass valve?

the power steering pump .....is that driven off the same hydraulic pump?

might want to change your filter AGAIN, in that short time, it might have gathered up more stuff.
It's like the bypass valve - pretty high-pitched. Power steering is off hydraulic pump - everything is off the original pump.

I'll have to check the screen again - it doesn't have a filter as far as i've been told - just a screen.

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
When you have this problem what do you have on the three point. Does it change if you lower the three point. Does the loader have a front pump or run off tractor hydraulics.
Lance
The Backhoe is on the 3-point. You have an interesting point - if the 3 point is all the way up, none of the hydraulics work very well if at all. i have to drop the 3 point down a bit and then the backhoe works great (when it wasn't schreeching).

FEL, backhoe and steering all run off 1 pump - stock.

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
Check the screen again, I bet it's plugged solid again with slime. If you had water in your oil, there is a good chance you have algea growing in your system now.

Google "algae in hydraulic oil" for some reading, sorry can't provide links right now.
Agreed. Thank you - this will be my first step.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Raise backhoe,lower it a little, snug 3 point lock valve and lower three point some more. Im thinking there is an issue with three point adjustment.

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
Raise backhoe,lower it a little, snug 3 point lock valve and lower three point some more. Im thinking there is an issue with three point adjustment.
Could be for sure, like I said there is something weird with the 3-point affecting the power of the backhoe. the 3point can't be up all the way or the backhoe won't move at all. That doesn't matter much since of course the 3-point is down all the way when i'm using the backhoe.

Can you expound a bit more on "snug 3 point lock valve"?? Not sure what you mean exactly or where the lock valve is I guess.

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I get the same symptom where my loader is slower if the 3 pt is lifted all the way. I suspect the feedback rod on the 3pt is out of adjustment but haven't made time to mess with it. You might look into that in addition to addressing your water in fluid situation. My backhoe runs off a PTO pump but my loader uses the tractor pump.

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
I'm guessing he means the ROD or rate of drop valve that's user the seat, it is used to adjust how fast the 3PH falls depending on how much weight is on it.
This is sounding like it could be the problem. 3PH works very poorly. When I push the handle down all the way it only drops a little bit and is extremely sudden no matter how smoothly I push it down.

So is this ROD adjustment the knob under the seat? You can rotate it clockwise or counter clockwise?

Stinger

Equipment
Kubota L245DT
Sep 20, 2015
Burton,Ohio
Guys,

Thanks so much for all your help - after checking the valve for the 3ph I found it to be all the way closed. I opened it up a couple turns and ran the tractor for 5 hours straight with zero issues.

I think that was the problem!

Thanks again!