Frp- Mx5100 tranny and hydraulic problems

FRP

Equipment
MX5100
Oct 3, 2019
Lexington, Texas
Recently acquired Mx5100 with only 370 hours.
1. have very loud 2nd trans gear noise above 1500 RPM
2. cannot move the 3 point speed adjustment at all

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Re: Frp

lubricate the 3ph speed adjusting knob where it goes into the the housing.

can't help you on the noise, I can't hear it to say what it is.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Re: Frp

The lowering control knob and hardware (rod, joints and actuator mechanism) on most all Kubota's is prone to locking up and needs to be lubricated (and the knob turned each way) regularly. I turn mine on both my M's each time I use them, clockwise a turn and then counter clockwise back to the setting I had them at before I initiate the turning. If you don't they will lock up and then you'll have to take ot apart and lube it.

IMO, a poor design but if you follow a regimen of turning the knob on a regular basis, they work fine.

FRP

Equipment
MX5100
Oct 3, 2019
Lexington, Texas
I have tried to turn that knob just about every time every time I sat in the tractor. All to no avail. I took the advice of one responder and loosened the two bolts, but it seemed like there was some type of spring behind the fitting. Not having a parts manual and not being knowledgeable about how it is assembled, I tightened the bolts and looked for a different way.
The control knob is affixed to a 6" tube that fits over a solid shaft and is held in place with a cotter key. The hole is approximately the same diameter as an 8 x 24 bolt. I went to an auto supply and got a punch with the shaft the same diameter. After I took the cotter key out, I used the 6" punch in the hole with the extra leverage of the punch to turn the shaft. It Worked!
I will turn the knob as a part of my starting procedure now.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Keep the (shaft at housing) lubed with a good lubricant, not WD40.

Hard to say about the noise. Do you have any idea what was used when it was serviced or if it even has been serviced?

FRP

Equipment
MX5100
Oct 3, 2019
Lexington, Texas
I am unsure about the service that this tractor has had. I changed the oil, oil filter, and fuel filter as soon as I got it back to the barn.
I added about a quart of hydraulic fluid and the fluid is steady at 3/4 in the sight glass.
Grease was added to all of the zerk fittings that I could find.
What could a dealer do beyond that other than charge me an arm and a leg?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'd be changing the hyd fluid and filters if it was mine. It would drive me nuts not knowing if someone had put that garbage oil from TSC or parts store oil in it.