B-7800 No Headlights

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
What I found was the headlight bulbs have no power, grounds are good and bulbs are good. The Dash lights and tails work fuse is good. I thinking were the hood opens the it have a break in the wire B+ or a bad headlight switch. How hard is it to get to the headlight switch? Sorry I mean remove the headlight switch.

Last edited:

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I found that the wiring was good it was in the headlight switch. I open it up and the contacts were dirty I cleaned them and still no luck. I soldered the tail light wire to the headlights temporarily and ordered a headlight switch. I also removed the dusty bulbs and cleaned the lens, what a difference. The master switch has two retainers that you push in at the sides.

Speedybon

Jun 22, 2019
Arroyo Grande
I found that the wiring was good it was in the headlight switch. I open it up and the contacts were dirty I cleaned them and still no luck. I soldered the tail light wire to the headlights temporarily and ordered a headlight switch. I also removed the dusty bulbs and cleaned the lens, what a difference. The master switch has two retainers that you push in at the sides.
Replaced the switch today all good.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Glad you got 'er fixed.

Have you given any thought to LED bulbs for your headlights? I found some for my G1900 and they are awesome in comparison to the original incandescents, which are mostly useless.

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I have a B7800 as well,and the stock lights are garbage. I mounted some LED floods on the ROPS using Zap-straps, works great! Nice and high so the FEL doesn't get in the way all the time.