L35 steering quit

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
YES! PHOTOS! Of both the old/damaged cyl and the new one, Please.

Cambo

May 25, 2020
100 Mile House
The seals are all done on this cylinder to boot and finding them where I am is not an easy task, the rod seals like the wiper seal I have been told I have to have them custom made because they are no longer available, $100 each!
No thanks, I will use imperial stuff that is easy to source in Canada and the USA!

Cambo

May 25, 2020
100 Mile House
O
The seals are all done on this cylinder to boot and finding them where I am is not an easy task, the rod seals like the wiper seal I have been told I have to have them custom made because they are no longer available, $100 each!
No thanks, I will use imperial stuff that is easy to source in Canada and the USA!
Ok, it has been a while since I got this thing fixed, been busy using it lol.
The cylinder cost and mods were right around $700 but the shop screwed up on the one mount so I had to take it to a local guy who cut it off,made a new one and welded it on. Problem is the shop that did the mods did them based on how they built it so now that the one mount ( solid end eye) is longer I have great steering one way and not as much the other....grrrrrr!
I also don’t seem to have as much power assist from it, no problem when moving but just sitting it has a hard time turning the wheels. NOT HAPPY WITH THE END RESULTS!
I should have spent the big bucks and got the right part from Messicks I guess. Live and learn.....