How do I Replace a BT602 Backhoe Control Stick Dust Boot

GCP

Equipment
BX25D
May 29, 2015
Derry, NH
I have a BT602 backhoe on my tractor with a torn dust boot on one of the control sticks. I thought it would be a simple matter to unscrew the knob on the end so that I could remove the old one and slide on a new one. This does not seem to be the case as the knob won't budge. Does anyone know how to remove it?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a BT602 backhoe on my tractor with a torn dust boot on one of the control sticks. I thought it would be a simple matter to unscrew the knob on the end so that I could remove the old one and slide on a new one. This does not seem to be the case as the knob won't budge. Does anyone know how to remove it?
I know the knob is a lot bigger than the boot ID.....however - place that boot in boiling water for a bit, like a minute, then it will stretch over the knob too.

Not sure if the knob is a friction fit or screwed on.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Not sure about all Kubota BHs but on my BH77 the rubber knobs were not glued on, they are simply a very tight fit. I too tried twisting them off but no go. Then I saw that there is a tiny hole in the top of the knob. I took a can of WD40 and inserted the little extension tube of the spray can in the hole, gave it a small squirt and the knob simply slipped off.