What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]
Murky, I think that is the reddest dirt I've ever seen!:eek:
Nice work, looks like nice land,too.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

This is something I put together that fits on the FEL's Sub Frame on the left side. Not very big, 9½" X 8½" X 6½" Deep, but enough to hold a couple of chains, couple of tools, gloves, and the different size balls for the hitches.
Ireops- great idea, I think I might have to do something similar.....

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Lil foot, ever seen any red Georgia clay?
Having been born in Georgia, you'd think so, but no, we moved when I was still a babe in a blanket. (army brat, Ft Benning)
That's pretty red also!

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
Nice work, looks like nice land,too.
Thanks Lil Foot. I'm just learning how to use a tractor and I'm loving it.

Its 2.5 acres square, and this is at the very back. The great thing is that the neighboring property on the other side of that fence is a 5 acre rectangle and the 2.5 acres that butts my property is the furthest from the house there. I've never seen people.

We're in a clearing and on two sides the neighbors are basically forest.

You can see the soil has a lot iron rich clay. The nice thing is that its 15 feet or more deep and one has to really search to find any rocks in it.

My previous house in a suburb had soil that was literally only a few inches deep with hardpan underneath it. It was a major undertaking just to plant a shrub. Compared to that this is heaven (especially with a tractor!).

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al

This is something I put together that fits on the FEL's Sub Frame on the left side. Not very big, 9½" X 8½" X 6½" Deep, but enough to hold a couple of chains, couple of tools, gloves, and the different size balls for the hitches.
That's awesome! The sub frame on my B7200 is too narrow to hold anything :(

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
That's awesome! The sub frame on my B7200 is too narrow to hold anything
I think the loader frame on my B7100 is too narrow also, but I'm hoping it might be wide enough for some 5.56 ammo cans (10"L x 3"W x 6-7/8"H) or something similar.

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

Are you all talking about narrow, as in the distance between loader frame and the chassis, or the part of the sub frame for the box to sit on? The reason that I ask is this kind of box is easily adaptable to fit just about any application. Might seem like a pretty bold statement. I say this because it is very easy to make. I used 3/16" (could probably get by with 1/8") steel sheet and 1/4" steel angle from TS. Cut steel sheet into five measured (in my case, rectangles) and cut the 1/4" angles to length for corners and top and pop rivet it all together. You have complete control of size to fit wherever.

Just my 2¢

KEEP THE CHANGE

Ron

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al

Are you all talking about narrow, as in the distance between loader frame and the chassis, or the part of the sub frame for the box to sit on? The reason that I ask is this kind of box is easily adaptable to fit just about any application. Might seem like a pretty bold statement. I say this because it is very easy to make. I used 3/16" (could probably get by with 1/8") steel sheet and 1/4" steel angle from TS. Cut steel sheet into five measured (in my case, rectangles) and cut the 1/4" angles to length for corners and top and pop rivet it all together. You have complete control of size to fit wherever.

Just my 2¢

KEEP THE CHANGE

Ron

For my particular loader frame (Bush Hog 1846QT), the cross member is 6" below the floor panel, and it's only 5" across. And if I build the sides up high enough to hold much of anything then I wouldn't be able to access it because of the floor panel :(

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Are you all talking about narrow, as in the distance between loader frame and the chassis, or the part of the sub frame for the box to sit on?
In my case, both. I don't have the tractor here at present, but I think there is enough room for a 3" or 4" box inside the loader upright, but there is a welded 45 degree, ~5" long brace between the upright & base that I'd have to build around or over..... I'll just have to wait till my next visit with my baby to check it out.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Spent another morning at the ranch digging out a silted in pond I have removed 8' so I think Ill remove another 4' and widen the pond another 20' My L3830 has preformed better than exspected at this task every time I use this tractor Im amazed at just how well it preforms. See video and let me know what ya think of it kinda shaky but running tractor and videoing at the same time.....Dan http://youtu.be/DsH56zkuKzE

PS the Dan Garmon on you tube playing the piano isnt me LOL

Last edited:

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Nice job there Dan, that is some beautiful country you have there too.

ps. you'r an amazing piano player also ;)

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Hey Dan nice job! beautiful site, next video show us a little more of your place. Great landscape. I'd love to see it!!!!

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Well I dug a couple more feet of dirt out of the dry pond , a few hours here and there Ill have it done, I have to take out quit a bit more to the north ( top of picture ) but when I get her finished she wont silt in for many years The son inlaw can do it next time......Dan

Attachments

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
Did a bit of drive way grading again today. It's so dang dry here I did a lot of dust breathing too.

Profnohair

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1500, 42" bh, box blade, G6200HST, Mahindra 450 with BH, FEL, etc.
I recently purchased a G6200HST and a G4200HST. The 6200 is great running. The 4200 is a parts machine. I removed the 4 spindles from 2 RC-48G decks to rebuild them. Two will be used and two will be spares. One deck is in better shape than the other so it will be a spare also.

Profnohair

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I finaly got done digging all the silt that accumulated in the last 15 years , so now Im ready for the fall rains.The picture dont do it justice , the first pic is one from last weekend the other is from the day I started.I went to take more pictures today and you guessed it dead camera battery. Pond is about 9' deeper now than when I started and should hold more than enough deer and watering my fruit trees . Now its off to the big pond to see if its dry enought to start there

Attachments

ecook280

Equipment
Kubota B8200HSTD
May 1, 2012
Ohio
Finally went and got new tires after the sidewall finally gave out on my one rears, switched over from turf to Carlisle Trac Chief's, the turfs were weather checked bad when I got it, surprised they held air this long. Also posting a pick from a while back of my 8200 with 4 ft tiller breaking ground for our new garden, its been a dry year here but she did great for an old tractor :)