Coffee Anyone??

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
I don't drink a lot of coffee, (2-3 cups a day) but when I do it's dark roast Community.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Pretty sure I saw Sidecarflip without a mask at Starbucks ordering a quad long shot grande in a venti cup half calf double cupped no sleeve salted caramel mocha latte with 2 pumps of vanilla substitute 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha with light ice well stirred

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
There are times when I wish I could drink coffee. Like everyday since these folks opened up within walking distance of the house:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Favorite is Chock Full O' Nuts. Four cup Mr. Coffee pots at home and office. I do one pot while prepping for the "3 S's" upon rising (I'm bald and quit smoking years ago). A second pot as soon as I get to work and occasionally I do another pot later in the day or at home. I can drink a pot before turning in for the night and normally sleep OK anyway.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
8 O'clock is a pretty good standby for general grocery-store coffee IMO. But my favorite is Larry's Beans (it's a NC local brand). I generally like the lighter blends - lighter flavor and more caffiene!

I picked up a little trick from Alton Brown: add a large pinch of kosher salt to the grounds before brewing. It mellows the flavor. Doesn't make it salty, just smoother.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Since the Covid explosion I have been working from home (doubt I will ever go back to the office). I developed a routine that I really enjoy. At about 7 or so I log into work and shortly after go to the kitchen to grind fresh coffee for my wife & I. I make 8-10 cups and between our son & the two of us we usually polish it off.
I enjoy experimenting with different beans - prefer a dark robust coffee.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I do one pot from the Keurig machine and I’m done by 9AM. Black. Nothing added. Stronger the better. If I want anything hot after that it’s usually green tea. We’re hooked on Puerto Rican coffee and get it in 5lb bags and grind as used. I’ve tried flavored coffees but end up drinking way too much so I don’t touch them.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I was stocking up on coffee after this COVID hit, buying some every other trip to the store just in case things went south in the bean fields. Then my wife switched out to the Keurig and we’ve tripled our coffee cost if not more. I love my coffee and could drink it all day! I’ve gotten use to the new Keurig and now love it, all dark roast no flavors though!

I’m still stocked up and we have plenty of vintage coffee pots around the house if needed.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Coffee Anyone?? Has a different connotation/association for me than some others may have..

For 34 years, I've had coffee with "the boys" at a diner every morning before work.

The boys and diner have changed over the years, but not much.

Had 10 or 12 coffee buddies 25 years ago. We weren't co-workers, just a bunch of guys doing the same thing at the same time. We all grew to be friends and I remember their families grow, as they remember mine doing the same.

We were down to 4 early this year.

Getting old sucks; many have passed, some are no longer able to come due to health issues, or have moved away.

It's funny, for 30 years, even with buddies changing over time, we always had "assigned seats" at the diner. Still continued, even just the 4 of us that were left.....

In March, that stopped.

I still go to work everyday, like I have for 18 months' straight.....

I take a travel mug from home into the office, and get there REALLY early because I can't see "the boys."

Miss it a lot......those are my buddies, and I've missed a lot of bullshitting.

The Diner was our bullshitting venue.

As much as we know each other, we honestly don't much associate another way....been that way for 30 years....:confused:

Since the Covid explosion I have been working from home (doubt I will ever go back to the office).
I think I would be fine working from home, but that interaction every morning might cause me issues, as I miss the non-work discussion.

I deal with WAY too many co-workers everyday. Doesn't take the place of coffee time.

There are times when I wish I could drink coffee. Like everyday since these folks opened up within walking distance of the house:
Now, if I were like Bill to have a venue such as this, that be great thing! :cool:

Better looking than one of my 75 year old buddies......but I doubt those young gals want to chat with an old fart about chainsaws very long.

If they did, the scenery would be better than my coffee buddies!! :cool:

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
We have the Kuerig at home, use various different pods medium or dark roast (usually whatever is on sale 🤣). At work its Community Cafe Special, and I drink it til 4:30. They know not to dump the pots out before then 😂. Drink it black.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Coffee Anyone?? Has a different connotation/association for me than some others may have..

For 34 years, I've had coffee with "the boys" at a diner every morning before work.

The boys and diner have changed over the years, but not much.

Had 10 or 12 coffee buddies 25 years ago. We weren't co-workers, just a bunch of guys doing the same thing at the same time. We all grew to be friends and I remember their families grow, as they remember mine doing the same.

We were down to 4 early this year.

Getting old sucks; many have passed, some are no longer able to come due to health issues, or have moved away.

It's funny, for 30 years, even with buddies changing over time, we always had "assigned seats" at the diner. Still continued, even just the 4 of us that were left.....

In March, that stopped.

I still go to work everyday, like I have for 18 months' straight.....

I take a travel mug from home into the office, and get there REALLY early because I can't see "the boys."

Miss it a lot......those are my buddies, and I've missed a lot of bullshitting.

The Diner was our bullshitting venue.

As much as we know each other, we honestly don't much associate another way....been that way for 30 years....:confused:

I think I would be fine working from home, but that interaction every morning might cause me issues, as I miss the non-work discussion.

I deal with WAY too many co-workers everyday. Doesn't take the place of coffee time.

Now, if I were like Bill to have a venue such as this, that be great thing! :cool:

Better looking than one of my 75 year old buddies......but I doubt those young gals want to chat with an old fart about chainsaws very long.

If they did, the scenery would be better than my coffee buddies!! :cool:
But if you pulled through ON your Minneapolis Moline....that could be a real game changer! 😂
Especially with a buddy seat on each side of you!!

david

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
One cup a day all be it a 1-pint mug, we use a French Coffee press with Folger's original. The mix is 50/50 coffee to milk and now I drink 0% fat.
I used to be a full milk man and always said I would not drink milk I could see through, times have changed and I don't miss the fat. Honest!!!

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am seeing that my coffee expenditure just might increase because I have been drinking more than my allotted one cup a day. I am enjoying the freshness of the K-Cups.

Reactions: 1 user

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I am seeing that my coffee expenditure just might increase because I have been drinking more than my allotted one cup a day. I am enjoying the freshness of the K-Cups.
Same here and soo easy.. forgot to mention that I’m going through a lot more water jugs also. Before I just used tap water in the coffee pot, wasn’t worried about it but figured I better not use that in this high dollar Keurig., good ol country HARD water!

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had two $3.00 coupons that came with the coffee maker and used them yesterday.

I am genuinely sorry for what I did. The wife said that just because I had a coupon didn't mean that I had to use it. Well in that light, just because I bought the coffee doesn't mean that I have to drink it.
IMG_8783.JPG

I'll stick with Maxwell House and Community.

Last edited:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
That’s usually what experimenting with coffee gets you. My wife experiments with what other people online tell her is good! We usually end up throwing the stuff out. I’m always telling her their getting kickbacks!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I to love a good cup of coffee. My girlfriend know I like a light roast mild coffee. While in Trader Joes she found they have a 12oz bag for $4. bucks. I love it. The last time she went she got me 5 bags. I make a 6 cup pot in the morning and drink two big mugs.
At 2pm I head down to Dunkin and depending on the temp out get a hot or ice coffee just about every day.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I've been told by several people that being allergic to coffee has one advantage- I have more money to spend!