rear view mirrors.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
A tall outside truck mirror mounted horizontally up high and inside my cab makes snow blowing with my pto powered snow blower a breeze. No looking backwards or strained neck muscles whatsoever. It's a real game changer for rear mounted snow blowers!
I have a closed circuit camera watching my backend. Don't ever turn around, just watch the screen.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
They’re inch square neodymium x1/8” permanent magnets, fringe benefits from work as long as you’re not to proud to root thru the scrap hopper.😉. Might be able to find something comparable on amazon or use the round ones D2 supplied the link for. I’m not sure if all permanent magnets behave this way but the ones I’ve salvaged are really brittle and will shatter if the mirror isn’t gently rocked into place.
regards
I'm never too proud to do some dumpster diving. Thanks for the information.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Being retired, I sure miss being able to collect the "floor sweepings" of odds and ends and being able to remove little goodies and parts from larger equipment that was destined for the scrap pile!! Co-workers would tease me about that, but they all showed up sooner or later asking for small parts or were caught rummaging through my "stash"! 🤣 I've heard since that my name has been brought up at work a few times when they've needed to keep an old piece of equipment running or recalibrated. They're out of luck now as my "stash" left with me.

For those looking into Neodymium magnets: their strength is graded and noted by the "N" numbers. the higher the N number the stronger the magnet. "N52" is about the strongest commonly available neodymium magnet.

Clint from Flint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2350, B26 TLB, Covington Plant., Landpride Tiller, Hustler Flip-up
Dec 12, 2020
Flint, Texas
I've been told microwave ovens have a strong magnet in every one of them...

"The More I see of some People The Better I Like My Dog'

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Thanks to @Ping and @D2Cat for the idea. With some Jeep mirrors and coin neodymium magnets from Amazon, I finally have a rear view mirror that will hopefully save my back a bit.

20210211_173049.jpg

20210211_174204.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
Glad we could help! Don't forget to pay the bill we'll be sending your way. o_O
Hoping they work out well for you.
Regards

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I'm planning on adding some mirrors to the recently installed cab. I've tried them before, but found small mirrors, AKA golf cart mirrors, to be of minimal use. I use them mainly when backing up after that first swipe in the snow, so like to see the rear tire to keep it right in the tire track. This puts the mirror so low, I can't see where I'm actually going. I tried mounting the mirror real low, but now it's so low it's not a "natural" sight of vision.

I see some have mounted multiple mirrors, so apparently I'm not the only one with this gripe.

I've always hated spotter mirrors. Give me a flat mirror that gives me a true representation or give me nothing.

My plan now is California truck mirrors and make up some kind of mounting bracket. Time will tell.

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I have those same style 'golf cart' mirrors on my cab. Visibility is good. I can see the edge of the blade behind.
View attachment 54884 View attachment 54885
This is where I first mounted it, but I didn't care for it. (I have 2, but only mounting one until I find a location/mirror type, that works) Good line of sight to the mirror, but my personal preference is to see the back tire. That's the farthest back, most outside point for me.

I appreciate the visual you shared, but does reinforce my idea that a California truck mirror, in the same approximate location, might work.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Has anyone on here installed a rear view mirror into their lx2610 cabbed model. Or similar? Looking to a rear view to mount to the glass for directly behind me views

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I bought a set off ebay of golf cart mirror with magnets attached. They were about $60 for a pair.