B2650 Rear remote Hydraulic tilt

Fluke631

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Oct 29, 2019
Canada
Hey all

I have been reading lots a post about this subject and I just got mydealer to price me a rear remote valve with control and hydraulic cylinder, ( I have the backhoe lines already in the back). The price he gave me is 1450$ + 260$(cylinder) and 200$ labour. Anyone have picture of this OEM setup ? I would like to see it first. Its going to help me decide if i am buying this or building my own.

Thanks

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
If you have the rops model and not the cab model, the factory ones I have seen mount to the rops and look hideous. I fabbed up my own double rear remote with top and tilt cylinders for way less than you were quoted. You can check out my posts to see them.

Dexter

Equipment
L4701
Aug 27, 2016
Bay City, WI
Here are a couple pics of the OEM valves. The mounting bracket attaches to the ROPS. I removed this set before I traded my B2650 in for the L4701. The prices you were quoted seem pretty close to what I paid. I installed myself. Wasn’t too hard. I will try to find a picture of it attached to the tractor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fluke631

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Oct 29, 2019
Canada
The rops mounting seems really basic, I am thinking of building it, I'll do my homework on hydraulics. I found a spool valve on Amazon, let me know if that valve could work! Because i already have hydraulic in the back for the backhoe can I just install a manual selection valve? Then choose between flow to backhoe or flow to tandem valve?

Attachments

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The rops mounting seems really basic, I am thinking of building it, I'll do my homework on hydraulics. I found a spool valve on Amazon, let me know if that valve could work! Because i already have hydraulic in the back for the backhoe can I just install a manual selection valve? Then choose between flow to backhoe or flow to tandem valve?
No you don't use the manual diverter valve, the added valve is put in line with the existing hydraulic loop.
Flow is in and back out of the valve all the time.

Fluke631

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Oct 29, 2019
Canada
No you don't use the manual diverter valve, the added valve is put in line with the existing hydraulic loop.
Flow is in and back out of the valve all the time.
If I use my loop for the valve do you suggest I use QD's for when I want to use the Backhoe? So I just disconnect the valve assy and plug in the backhoe?

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
If I use my loop for the valve do you suggest I use QD's for when I want to use the Backhoe? So I just disconnect the valve assy and plug in the backhoe?
That is how I have mine hooked up on my BX24. I can hook mine up inline with my backhoe so that I can control a hydraulic thumb I am going to build. Be sure the valve you use has a power beyond port with the sleeve installed or you will not get pressure to the loader.

Attachments

Fluke631

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Oct 29, 2019
Canada
Lets see if I understand a bit better

Lets say I use my backhoe pressure line

Pressure line to valve P port
Return line to T port
Line from PB port to backhoe
For the Backhoe return like do i splce it in the T port as well ?

Thanks

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Mine goes: tractor pressure line to In/P port on valve, valve Out/Ret to tractor Ret/Tank, valve power beyond to backhoe In/P, backhoe Out/Ret tees into valve Ret/Tank line, backhoe power beyond to tractor power beyond.

Basically, the valve hooks inline between the tractor and backhoe.

Fluke631

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Oct 29, 2019
Canada
Ok so I am about to order all that I need for the rear remote.
Spool valve with 2 lever tandem with power beyond at 11 gpm
À couple lines and some actuators

I have attached a hand drawing showing my understanding of the system,my only question is when I do not have the back hoe connected to the valve PB port can that cause any issues?

Sorry for the drawing quality Haha

Thanks again

Attachments

Last edited:

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
You will need a line running back to the power beyond on the tractor to make the loader work if it is anything like a BX tractor. When I have my backhoe off my lines go: pressure line from tractor to inlet on valve, outlet of valve to return/tank of tractor, and power beyond of valve to power beyond on tractor. You should have three lines on the rear of your tractor where the backhoe hooks up as well.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
If your backhoe has only two lines then it must be last in the circuit. On my BX24, the backhoe is before the loader so it has three lines since it has to send pressure to the loader valve. With your new valve plumbed the way you have shown, it should work fine with the backhoe attached. When you remove the backhoe, you will need both the return/tank and power beyond ports from the valve plumbed back the tractor return.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Without a line connected to the PB port, the oil will not be able to flow freely back to tank and it will cause the pressure to back up and it will constantly be dumping back thru the relief valve which is not good.

Fluke631

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Oct 29, 2019
Canada
Without a line connected to the PB port, the oil will not be able to flow freely back to tank and it will cause the pressure to back up and it will constantly be dumping back thru the relief valve which is not good.
Thank you so much I'll just add another QD!

For the valve is 11 gpm good? The tractor is around 8.7 gpm. From experience would you recommend higher flow rated valve?

Regards

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
That valve will be fine. Anything larger would be overkill and just take more space to mount.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
When I installed the rear remote valve in my BX22, I plumbed it into the back hoe circuit, and there was a single line that returned the oil to the side of the pump. I didn't have any problems with it for over 10 years, until the valve itself had failed. Didn't know why my 3 point hitch wouldn't lift. Learned that it was the valve that became defective. So far, I am unable to get repair parts from Kubota, and a replacement valve is over $300, or I can buy a complete new kit for $500. Haven't decided what I will do.