B2601 and sizing post hole diggers

Mesachie

Equipment
B2601, BH70, RCK60, LA434 and Forks
Jan 17, 2018
Vancouver Island
Greetings all,

I have a B2601 and am needing to purchase a post hole digger for it. I need to have at least 36" auger capacity. I want to buy a Land Pride digger but the the dealer says only the PD10 (30") model is compatible. Does anyone have a PD15 on their B01 series tractors?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you talking 36" depth of hole or 36" width of hole?

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Everythingattachments.com

Assuming you are talking 36" depth.

That's mine on my BX and I can get 32" of depth.

You can get more with your larger tractor.

Mesachie

Equipment
B2601, BH70, RCK60, LA434 and Forks
Jan 17, 2018
Vancouver Island
Thanks for the responses so far. I meant to say a 30" depth. 9" auger width. Problem with the Land Pride PD10 is the short boom. Dealer said I'd need to get larger diameter tires to put anything longer than a 30" long auger on. I'm needing 36" or better. I'm looking at the PD15 which has a longer boom and it can be adjusted with 3 different pin positions. It comes ready for 48" depth of drill but I thought I'd check the forum to see if anyone has this combo already and how it's working for them.

I like the look of the EverythingAttachments PHD on the BX but I'd have to check shipping and duties on that from Canada.

Cheers

AndyW

Equipment
2019 B2601 TLB
Jan 24, 2020
Kingston, WA
Greetings all,

I have a B2601 and am needing to purchase a post hole digger for it. I need to have at least 36" auger capacity. I want to buy a Land Pride digger but the the dealer says only the PD10 (30") model is compatible. Does anyone have a PD15 on their B01 series tractors?
Bringing back this thread...in a similar situation. Trying to decide between EA's compact and subcompact models. What did you eventually get and are you happy with it? Thx.

chief36chevy

Equipment
BX2360
Oct 21, 2018
Annville
I see you installed a post hole digger to a BX2360. What brand name and model did you use? Did you have any problems attaching and operating it?
Chief

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
Hey, chief, (the first 5 posts are from 2018) go to everythingattachments.com and checkout their posthole diggers. On the left side, scroll down in the "blue" till you see "Tractor Post Hole Diggers" and click on that, then click on the top left post hole digger for "Land Shark Compact Tractor Post Hole Digger"(its actually for sub compacts, the pic is of a BX), check it out and then scroll down and click on the video of Ted going over all the mods they did to an existing Land Pride post hole digger to make it perfect for sub compact tractors.

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
I think the one in the pic is an Everything Attachment post hole digger cuz in the video for the bigger "Compact" p.h.d. he says the one for sub compacts is a Land Shark and orange, and cuz of the "foot" up by the gearbox that keeps the whole unit from swinging back too far for the driveshaft.

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
AndyW, you will probably want the one for a compact, not sub-compact with your B2601 because the one for sub-compacts has a shorter boom that wont give you as much distance to lift AND lower into the ground. The whole range of motion will be greater with a longer boom which is what you will need with longer 48" augers. The boom is shorter for the sub compacts because they have less 3 point hitch lift capacity and sometimes the augers get stuck or are really hard to pull out of the ground. I think 3 point lift capacity of B01's is around double that of BX tractors.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, I have to ask how many holes ? All in a day ? I ask, to plays 'Devil's Advocate. It may be cheaper to just rent PHD or even hire a pro. A PHD tends to be a once every few years use kind of implement so a lot of $$ just sitting around. Probably $1000 Canucks here in Ontario.
I hire guy, he comes, drills, sets my post in his concrete CHEAPER than me renting machine and doing all the labour !

AndyW

Equipment
2019 B2601 TLB
Jan 24, 2020
Kingston, WA
Hey, chief, (the first 5 posts are from 2018) go to everythingattachments.com and checkout their posthole diggers. On the left side, scroll down in the "blue" till you see "Tractor Post Hole Diggers" and click on that, then click on the top left post hole digger for "Land Shark Compact Tractor Post Hole Digger"(its actually for sub compacts, the pic is of a BX), check it out and then scroll down and click on the video of Ted going over all the mods they did to an existing Land Pride post hole digger to make it perfect for sub compact tractors.
I think the one in the pic is an Everything Attachment post hole digger cuz in the video for the bigger "Compact" p.h.d. he says the one for sub compacts is a Land Shark and orange, and cuz of the "foot" up by the gearbox that keeps the whole unit from swinging back too far for the driveshaft.
AndyW, you will probably want the one for a compact, not sub-compact with your B2601 because the one for sub-compacts has a shorter boom that wont give you as much distance to lift AND lower into the ground. The whole range of motion will be greater with a longer boom which is what you will need with longer 48" augers. The boom is shorter for the sub compacts because they have less 3 point hitch lift capacity and sometimes the augers get stuck or are really hard to pull out of the ground. I think 3 point lift capacity of B01's is around double that of BX tractors.
OK, I have to ask how many holes ? All in a day ? I ask, to plays 'Devil's Advocate. It may be cheaper to just rent PHD or even hire a pro. A PHD tends to be a once every few years use kind of implement so a lot of $$ just sitting around. Probably $1000 Canucks here in Ontario.
I hire guy, he comes, drills, sets my post in his concrete CHEAPER than me renting machine and doing all the labour !
EA sales guy was pretty adamant that the subcompact model was a better fit for my B2601 and have more power to withdraw.
It will also reportedly have 15" travel clearance on a B2601 with a 48" bit. We'll see when it gets here!

Wrt cost...I really want to do it on my own timetable so buying was a good option.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:.... .I really want to do it on my own timetable

yeah, I try to do that but it seems 'others' decide for ME , that I should do THEIR jobs about 5 minutes after I begin my job....
some dayze I'd prefer to live 30 miles away, on a gravel road......
I've 'booked' 2 weeks to replace a carrier seal on D-14 #1. It's relly a 4 hour job. So far 3 days in, and 5 'distractions'. Spring is 15 days from now, I doubt I'll be in the fields then.