My B2620 Pics

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Just a couple random pics as I clean my computer out.

My son doing the driveway with the box blade. I ended up putting the blower on it now though so it's ready for this big winter we were supposed to be getting.

Some Kubota shirts I got for Christmas.

And a pic of the B with it's stable mate, the 1955 Allis Chalmers CA.

Attachments

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Well I have read about it on the forums and it finally happened. We are in the middle of an ice storm here now, so when I got home this morning I wanted to cut my snow base on my driveway and parking areas. I just got going and suddenly my FEL joystick starting feeling sloppy.

So had to unbolt it and weld it back up.

Now I guess I have to do the normal internet forum thing....go on every tractor forum and announce Kubota is the worst tractor ever! :D :D

I'm actually pretty impressed it lasted 6 years and over 500 hours of loader use and me being less than gentle at times.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I should be easier with mine too. Hopefully repair is effectiv for the long haul.
Darn things are junk....[emoji6]

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
It does make you wonder why they are only spot welded and not a bead all the way across?

It must have been going for a while and I didn't notice because it feels a lot more solid now. I just went and bolted it back on.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Started some spring cleanup now that the snow is gone and it is finally drying up a bit.

Cleaned off the first hill and ditch going up to the first level of the back yard. Started to haul up more pit-run gravel and box blade it. Now gotta get to the second hill. It's a bit steeper so it gets some washouts after the thaw and big rains.

Soon I'll have to get out on the lawns with the dethatcher and aerator.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Itbemine - Enjoy the pictures.

What species are pines or firs?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks RCW. Those are white pines. That was a sand/fill pit that was no longer licensed, so my neighbor (a retired forester) replanted it all and a bunch of my lawn area.

It's all maple forest here, but it is nice to have some greenery in the winter too.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Just traded my 2013 B2920 for a new L2501. On my B-series, the spool valve shaft broke inside the valve, very expensive repair.

I used my B-series for everything, but the fact that it mowed a 30 acre capped landfill on steep slopes with a 4-foot flail mower twice a year always amazed people. I put 600 hours on my machine, snow removal in NH, some loader work, but not much, and a lot of mowing at wide open throttle. The only major issue was the spool valve. Great machine, and I'll miss it.

The L series is a little larger but less powerful (although more torque). It feels extremely economy compared to the B2920 I replaced, but has a little more capability.

Great thread, love seeing everything you've done with your machine. I get annoyed by the "go big or go home" guys. You can do a ton with these B-series tractors.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks troverman. Any idea why that shaft broke? First time I heard that. I just had to weld my joystick back on. The plate that the bolts go through is too light a gauge metal as far as I'm concerned. And even to weld it back on.....not much room to put a good bead and still be able to have room for the bolts and socket. That's my only issue so far.

I hope the spool valve shaft doesn't break in mine because I use my loader a lot.

How does the L2501 feel compared to a B? I have a friend that wants to buy one. Would it pull a box blade on my hills as good as my B2620 with it's heavier weight? Sure traction would be better, but I'm thinking the added weight going up the hill versus it's power.

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I have no idea why the spool shaft broke, I don't think you could intentionally break it even if you tried since it is internal. Plus I don't use my loader nearly as much as you. The dealership said they had never seen anything like it.

The 2501 has an extremely responsive loader, which is surprising considering the hydraulic flow is essentially the same as the B-series. The power steering has a lot more effort. As far as dragging a blade, I think it would do OK. So far, I've only done york raking with it. The horsepower is not the whole story. My B2920 had a 1.3L engine; the 2501 has a 1.7L engine with less power. However, my B2920 produced 58lb-ft of torque while the L2501 produces 70lb-ft, and all at a significantly lower RPM.

Other observations are the the L2501 still has a 100% mechanical, no engine electronics, drivetrain...but does have direct fuel injection. As such, it starts up tremendously well. In my opinion, it starts up 10x better than my B2920. I use zero glow plugs. In the cold weather it will still probably need them. I like the 10 gallon fuel tank. The b-Series does have more room for the operator though, and a smaller transmission hump, and a nice rubber floor mat, and someone nicer control levers.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
OK, thanks for the info. I would consider one of those also. And the pricing is right too. Another bonus.

I can do everything I need to do with these small tractors. Might take a bit longer but I enjoy operating them.
I will never buy anything over 26 h.p. with a DPF. I have to deal with that stuff with my class 8 trucks, and I know people say tractors are different, but I'm just not dealing with it in my life at home.

Reactions: 1 user

troverman

Equipment
Jun 9, 2015
NH
OK, thanks for the info. I would consider one of those also. And the pricing is right too. Another bonus.

I can do everything I need to do with these small tractors. Might take a bit longer but I enjoy operating them.
I will never buy anything over 26 h.p. with a DPF. I have to deal with that stuff with my class 8 trucks, and I know people say tractors are different, but I'm just not dealing with it in my life at home.
Yeah, a lot of people don't like the DPFs. I know there were certainly some major issues early on. I've had diesels pickups for quite a while now, and of course they use DEF fluid and have a DPF. I've had four Ford diesels and currently running a RAM with a Cummins. Maybe I'm lucky; never had an issue with any of them. I also bought an MX4800 tractor last year and it has done three regens since I've had it. Pretty painless. Of course, if something screws up that will be a different story. I do like the 2501 and the B-series (and BX) for their extremely simple engines with virtually nothing to go wrong with them.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
This pics shows the elevation as you go up in my back yard. If you look in the trees you can see how high I am on these hills over the roof level of my buildings.

I don't think these little B's are designed for this kind of work, but it's taken it for 6 years so far, LOL.

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
ItBmine, you cut a nice road through there. That's tedious work with that size machine, but it gets the job done!

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Thanks. It really needs some ditching as the runoff can't escape the road but I don't feel like floating the backhoe home from town. So I just keep fixing it every spring.

I tried to cut a ditch with my angle blade tilted but my B just doesn't have enough weight. The blade ends up steering it. There are lots of boulders in this loamy sand.

It does take longer with my little tractor but this is how I relax. I like putting in seat time with it.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks for sharing, it was a great read this morning. You do very nice work!!