Let it snow!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Winter kills...

My last winter in Illinois ('79), we had record cold after a blizzard. A snowplow driver was killed while plowing I-57. He came upon a 20 foot drift on the downwind side of an overpass. Inside that drift was a tractor trailer. The semi driver stopped because conditions were too bad and awoke to find he and his rig buried. The snow plow driver hit the semi at about 45mph and rescuers on scene dug the semi driver out.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
Down here in Bama, we get a few inches and it shuts down everything. When it starts snowing, the stores get raided - everyone getting milk and bread - like its gonna last for a week. I can't recall any lasting more than a couple of days. You guys up north have your work cut out for ya.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Got my old champion snowblower mounted and did a test run. Works ok. Can spool that puppy up and it runs smooth.

Just in time for a couple days of melting.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Wolfman, you should be all melted now too. It was down right warm and sunny yesterday. I got into my gravel pile and filled in the rest of the low spots. good thing I had the FEL on still. Now I can get the snow blade set up on and not feel guilty about the driveway.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This about sums it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman, you should be all melted now too. It was down right warm and sunny yesterday. I got into my gravel pile and filled in the rest of the low spots. good thing I had the FEL on still. Now I can get the snow blade set up on and not feel guilty about the driveway.
Bearskinner,
Here goes to show you the extreme difference a few miles can make, I still had 2+ inches of snow , and now it's snowing again, hard, wet and heavy!
I probably won't see any dirt again till march. :(

Daren, That is too dang funny, and they call us back woods! :eek::p:D

This about sums it up

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Wonders how high a snow blower will toss the snow?
Saw one last year, guy put pto in the big wheel and let er have it. 60 to 80 feet at the highest point. Was higher than his tallest grain bin.

My champion throws it 20....really needs a better chute.

I recall An atv plow you operated a pedal with your foot. Worked good enough.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, that's an example of a guy spending too much on his tractor and not enough on his implements.
Ain't that the truth. My aunt sent the pick to my wife messing with her. Wondering if it was one of her neighbors :rolleyes:

hikerduane

Equipment
B6100, FEL
Nov 17, 2014
Meadow Valley, CA
No snow here yet at my place in N Kalifornia. I was camping a few weeks ago and had a few flakes come down, just before it quit the light rain.
I've have 6' snow on the ground at my place, drive through a trough to get down our private road.
Duane

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
They say necessity is the mother of invention. God bless him for trying something different. Just hope he has teeth left come Spring.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That helps!;)
and Dentures too!:p
They still have a three tooth minimum for a member ship to the private clubs. They had a big scandle since folks were cheating the system using chicklets :eek: they finaly got caught cause someone grabbed a multi color pack :rolleyes:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
we just moved down from the Kenai, in Alaska this fall, and the running joke was you can tell how far North you came from by the amount of teeth ( or lack of) you have left. seems like the further south you go, the fewer teeth you have also??

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
TOUGH CROWD!!! :D

I thought of this guy yesterday while spreading 60 tons of granite on my driveway. I needed that mini "land plane" someone pictured in the implement section. Was wondering if I could make one out of wood! I was running 2200rpm, in 4WD, slipping along, trying to get a smooth pass with my box scraper. I sympathized with you guys in the Great White North!

Thank God for discovering "float" on this forum. My neck is sore from driving around backwards for four hours yesterday but, at least I have teeth left for turkey dinner!

Happy Thanksgiving to all...