Let it snow!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Gonna have to put the tensioner back together tomorrow morning for the blower. The bearing took a crap in the sprocket and the new one came in today just in time for the mess coming our way tomorrow night. This is the first year in 5 years that I've owned the L3560 that I had to stud the front tires, just ended up getting her stuck off the side of my road because of all the ice we had this winter. Front blowers are great but they have a way of taking you where they want to go when there's ice under the snow.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sounds like you are just having tons of fun there brother,,,,:rolleyes:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Gonna have to put the tensioner back together tomorrow morning for the blower. The bearing took a crap in the sprocket and the new one came in today just in time for the mess coming our way tomorrow night. This is the first year in 5 years that I've owned the L3560 that I had to stud the front tires, just ended up getting her stuck off the side of my road because of all the ice we had this winter. Front blowers are great but they have a way of taking you where they want to go when there's ice under the snow.
Tensioner back together, chain oiled and even put new skids on. Not sure what else I can do do make this storm go away.:rolleyes:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man it is 24f here on the ridge top with 20 mph winds,,, I figure long about August some of this might be nice,,lol

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Man it is 24f here on the ridge top with 20 mph winds,,, I figure long about August some of this might be nice,,lol
Yep, it was finger numbing working out there this morning. Think is I had any whiskey in the place I might smack 1 or 2 back just to take the chill off of course.;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
49.8 here today, bring on the mass melting...

We still have about 2 feet in the yard and piles of 6 plus feet, so they will take a while to melt.

Driveway is way slimy, hope the frost comes out quickly so I can use my driveway for more than a monster truck mud rally when I want to go to town! :p

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I don't think we have near the frost this year like others and mud season will soon be upon us. That big storm they predicted for last night turned out to be nothing. It'll be time to take the blower off soon and put my grapple on so I can put a few trees across the beginning of my road again to keep people out until it heals.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't think we have near the frost this year like others and mud season will soon be upon us. That big storm they predicted for last night turned out to be nothing. It'll be time to take the blower off soon and put my grapple on so I can put a few trees across the beginning of my road again to keep people out until it heals.
Yea your road does the same thing as my driveway, I know the logs work good for blocking yours off.
I have a sweet looking retired county road closed sign that I put up to keep people off of mine.

Oh to have a 1/4 mile of fabric and rock... I know dare to dream! :p

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yea your road does the same thing as my driveway, I know the logs work good for blocking yours off.
I have a sweet looking retired county road closed sign that I put up to keep people off of mine.

Oh to have a 1/4 mile of fabric and rock... I know dare to dream! :p
I've tried putting a chain and lock but some of the locals just beat the lock off and drive in with no regard for my road nor the amount of work and money my wife and I have put into it. We'll be throwing another 3 to 4 belly dumps of class A at it again this year with the hopes of selling within the next 3 to 4 years. Gonna be a sad day the day we pull out of here, a lot of things we will miss however some things we'll be happy to say goodbye to.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know a farmer I know had problems like that. During deer season they would cut the locks off or pull the gate down with a chain. So he went and drove a bunch of long roofing nails through some old shingles and laid them in the tire tracks. Seems after one deer season people got the message and stopped trying to go back up his right of way

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Ya know a farmer I know had problems like that. During deer season they would cut the locks off or pull the gate down with a chain. So he went and drove a bunch of long roofing nails through some old shingles and laid them in the tire tracks. Seems after one deer season people got the message and stopped trying to go back up his right of way
\
That would work just peachy. Or a couple 2 x4's with spikes to get their attention.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I may do just that on my access up north. I always have trespassers coming in and leaving beer bottle and junk and poaching my deer. Think I'll use .40 retention plywood with large 10 penny nails with the points sharpened to a guaranteed puncture......:)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Oh I almost lost it a few times but then reality sank in and I realized that being just 2 people 1 mile back in the woods is a tough place to be if people with a grudge want to take you out or even just to go out shopping and have some idiot burn us out when my dog is home alone. If that were to happen and I found out who did it all our lives would change drastically. I've never backed down from a fight but it's hard to fight if you can't see it coming. For now I'll just co-exist the best I can but I sleep a lot better knowing the browning 12 gauge pump is at arms reach with 4 shells in the tube at all times.